Sunday hunting in virginia

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigfatcat, Nov 13, 2006.

1. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
  2. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Well I wish I could help you out. This is a very different concept for me due to the fact that I have never lived in a state that tried to regulate the days that I hunt. Very interesting I can only assume it is for religious reasons. Good luck on the pursuit.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks! This is the third one I've signed in the last few months. I have also emailed my congressman, senator, and the general assembly. I think it's a stupid law that should have been repealed years ago. I pity the hunters that come out here from the cities to hunt the 2.5 million acres of national Forest (as well as private land), have to camp in any weather for lack of motels, and then get to hunt on Saturday, sit in camp on Sunday, and start hunting again on Monday. I think it is part of the reason that the number of licensed hunters has declined by 25% in the last 25 years.

4. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I know that one day this law will change. However, until it does I will feel good that the critters in my neck of the woods can live a somewhat peaceful day. They get pressured hard and one day out of the week is not going to cause hardship for the ultimate predator.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I hope it gets changed for yall. I would sign it I lived in your state.