Sunday hunting in NC?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by NCCatter, Jul 6, 2009.

1. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was told that Sunday hunting would be allowed for NC hunters this year (bowhunting on private land only). I just checked the new regs online and didn't see it? Is this true or not?

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Folks been Sunday hunting for years on private land.:smile2:

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    i seen this on ncwildlife.com and it says they are not allowing it this year but that they had been considering it and it may go into affect next year, ill try and find the link i had heard that rumor too.

4. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    ignore that i copied this out of the article "Also approved was a proposal to allow bow hunting on Sundays on private lands, with the exception of migratory game birds. Sunday bow hunting on game lands was disapproved" so i guess they are go to ncwildlife.com and search sunday hunting proposal. later buddy

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Haha, good point Mark!!

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I know land owners that have traded Saturday for Sunday simply because of work schedules.
    In my opinion a landowner shouldn't be denied the oppertunity to hunt his land
    Simply because he has to work.

However I dont think that the same man should be able to hunt on land he doesn't own for those same reasons.

I think the landowner is just that. A landowner. He should have privileges as the owner of the land but his privileges stop at the property line.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    why can't you hunt on sunday???? is that one of those 'blue laws'?

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Heart of the bible belt and the Southern Baptist Convention.
    I'm not much of a proponet of all out Sunday hunting myself.
    Selective type hunts, yea.

You can hunt military bases on Sunday in NC. Federal jurisdiction.

9. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    i think hunting on sunday should be legal at least for archery, because they encourage hunting but your average working man reallistically only gets one day a week to hunt on saturday,i think that outa be took into consideration also.:sad2:

10. easy fisher

easy fisher New Member

State:
    tennesee
    some one who works is wasting there time :angry: if a man owns land he should be able to do what he wants and when. Iam a baptist by choice and don't like to force that on others leave it to the lord:big_smile:

11. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I live in a special reg area,where you can shoot as many does as you want.Instead of making sunday hunting legal, every year the season starts earlier and earlier,like the begining of september when its still 90 degrees.How the hell i'm i going hang and butcher a deer in that kind of weather. Antler restrictions! wait, i thought they wanted to thin the heard? No sunday hunting but were gonna let every joe shmo who can pull a trigger use a crossbow. Yea i know, church, why can't it just be no hunting on sundays before 12 or 1 hell make it 4. Ok i know we have the amish in PA and church is a all day event for them. So.. no hunting sundays in amish county. I have amish freinds who carry shotguns in their buggies,ON SUNDAYS, anything that moves ends up on the table. It's total BS

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    There is no hunting on Sundays there? I thought is was bad here that you can not buy alcohol on Sundays. But not being allowed to even hunt your own land on Sunday, that takes the cake.

What ever happen to separation of church and state?

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    How about passing a law " No Bingo on Sundays". With all the little old ladys on your side, they will see the light and restore hunting on Sundays.....

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The older I get the more I am in favor of the current no hunting on Sunday.
    Give us rural folks a one day break from the onslaught of the surbanites and concrete stompers.
    It's one day a week I feel like I can do anything around the farm without worrying about "messing" somebody up. Of course hunting has never stopped me from doing what I wanted to do or needed to do, but still you hate to ruin someone's hunt.

Give the woods a break
    give me a break
    And give the community a break.

We live here.

15. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Don't you all think that it should be up to the person doing the hunt.

Let it be your own choice to do lets not get the goverment more involved ?

my 2cents

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well absolutely, if the person making his own choice is hunting on his own land and not mine.

17. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    in sc you can hunt on sunday just not on game lands and i do hunt on sundays :big_smile: