sunday fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by devildogcollier, Jun 24, 2009.

1. devildogcollier

devildogcollier New Member

State:
    Virginia by way of Alabam
    Hey ya'll just wanted to let yall know that the fish are definitely bitin'. This past sunday i was fishing on MCB Quantico over by HMX (the air strip)... I was set up by about 1030-1100 in the morning....i didnt really think id do too well due to the high winds and the strong current that day. I'd had my lines in the water for about 40-45 minutes with no bites at all and was about to start packing up to move to a different spot when all of a sudden one of my rods went straight over the railing that i had it set up against, (at the time i was bent over my tackle box about three feet way) !! i never saw any nibbles or bites or the pole even move before it went over! Luckly i was able to throw myself out far enough to grip the last four inches or so of my rods handle... I fought the fish for about 8-10 minutes (using small tackle, didnt want to snap the line)...i was able to bring the fish in and once i got it up to me i found myself staring at a very nice Blue cat that weighed about 11 1/4 lbs !!!! i was just surprised that i didnt loose the fish.... i put more bait on the lined and threw it out and was in the process of putting the Blue on my stringer when i happened to look up to see one of my other poles start to bounce a little.... i reeled in a little bit and felt the fish on the other end and gave a yank....i ended up pulling in a mean looking yellow cat with scars and cuts all over its body.... The yellow cat weighed about6 lbs....this went on for about the next 2 hours and i ended up going home with two nice Blues and 4 nice yellows and 1 striper... The fisher in me wanted to stay and see what else i could land but i figured that i had enough fish for myself and called it a day so that the other "anglers" would have the same oppotunity..... All in all Sunday turned out to be a very decent day of catfishing!!!!!!

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Congrats! Way to hang in there and be rewarded for your patience.

3. devildogcollier

devildogcollier New Member

State:
    Virginia by way of Alabam
    still up for a fishin trip one of these days bomberman???? lol

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    We'll hook up...count on it.