Sunday Fishing Report 3/25

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Powhatan, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Slight breeze and warm on sunday. Lots of boat traffic. Took me 40 minutes to get my boat in at Dutch Gap. People were triple parking their trailers in the parking lot which made it quite difficult to get my trailer back to the ramp..

But... the fishing was great. I did not have to catch bait as a buddy of mine gave me a bag of fresh caught herring. 5 minutes after putting down anchor I had bites on 2 lines. Caught 13 in the 10 - 35 pound range.. all up river from Dutch Gap. The only downside was that the batteries were dead in my radio so I missed part of the Nascar race. Thing better than fishing for cats and listening to the race on the radio.

I may have seen some of you out there yesterday. I have a 16 foot Bass America with a Johnson 50. I usually carry a large net off to the side. If you see me out there be sure to stop by and say "hey".

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Chris,

Thanks for the report.

3. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey Powatan,
    I have extra batteries stashed in a compartment on my boat for my radio,
    btw we have a green and tan Alumacraft,W/60 evenrude. Be fishing in Deep bottom area April 7 week.
    any infomation would be appreicated.....thanks mike b

4. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Mike,

I now have extra batteries in my boat too! I don't normally fish Deep Bottom but from these post it seems that I should be. I have been fishing up river a bit from Dutch Gap and sometimes back in and around the hot water discharge. I am going to try Deep Bottom and down river this weekend and will see what I can find out.

Hope to see you out there in April. Shoot me a message and maybe I can meet you down there.

Chris.