Sunday at Lake Moultrie in South Carolina

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tatersalad, May 21, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    My wife and I had a killer Sunday on Moultrie, no bigguns but 15 Blues and Channels. Beautiful day and learned alot. If anybody is looking for a guided day on Moultrie, let me know, i'll be glad to pass on the info...

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad you folks had a good trip. Maybe the luck will pass on to some of us when we go.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Pete, Glad to know you guys had a good time, What did you think of santee? I love the place,Been fishing there for years, I fish out of Harry's ,on the upper lake (marion) at the upper end of the cannel. I have a life long friend ,that is a guide down there and we fish on his days off. I live just a few miles from you, about 3-4 miles up 321 in gastonia. Glad you had a good trip. thanks for shairing bro.........steve.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad y'all had fun Tater.

I'm waiting on my fishing buddy to let me know if he can go to Wylie Tuesday morning.

Its close to home so I can fish it but I can't wait to get back down to Lake Marion. I've never fished the lower lake really just the bottom of the canal.

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    we had the best luck drifting w/cut herring in 14-17 feet of water (on the edges). Best action was in the hatchery area. Hope every body has good luck, we are already planning on going back in late June. (and July :lol: )

RiverratSC, good luck tuesday, wish i could join you but i have to pay for tackle somehow.......

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    The guide we fished with Sunday (and are already set up to fish with again in June) joined the BOC last night! I told him about it on the boat and suggested he take a look. His user name is FishFinderSC, and he is a great guy. Please welcome him aboard.

thanks, tatersalad

7. bigflatheadfisherman

bigflatheadfisherman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Sounds like you guys had a great time and caught alot of fish! I hear they have some good fishing down that way so I hope to make a trip to santee myself some time soon.

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    be careful, you might get hooked! That are is really neat, and I am looking forward to learning how to fish it successfully.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Good catch Tater! I'm daydreaming about Santee now!

10. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    it is a super place!

11. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I did enjoy having Tatersalad and his lovely bride on the boat for the day. They were enthusiastic about catcing these Santee Cooper blues and channels. I was hoping for some bigger fish to show them what we have here but it just wasn't in the cards for that trip. Thanks for the info and welcome to this site. I am excited about exploring the site and talking catfishing.

12. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    fishfindersc,
    I am going to be down there this weekend, staying at Harry's Fish Camp. Do you recommend using cut herring or white perch? Just curious to know what is working down there right now. It's good to see a guide join the BOC and hopefully teach us all a little something about catfishing. I know I am always learning something about it!

13. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    i was at harry fish camp this past weekend and i did well fishing with cut herring for blues i tried flatties with white perch but no takers. i caught most of my fish between marker 43 and 53

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad you had a good trip, Beaufort. It's good to hear of someone having some good luck. I hope to get back out there real soon.
    FishfinderSC, glad to have you on board. Welcome to the BOC. (Maybe you can tell me sometime what I'm doing wrong!

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hey, Pete, I just got back fromo my trip to Lake Marion. There were 5 of us fishing from a pontoon: we launched from Polly's and were only able to fish about 1/2 day because of engine probs. I caught the only fish, a 30-inch gar :eek:oooh: Regardless, we all had a good time :big_smile:

16. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Pete, Take a look at your new avatar, You replaced a pretty face with a catfish, It happens when someone gets fishing on the brain..hu:lol: .

17. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Patmansc: Pat, is Doug jinxed, or what? Seems every trip he's made recently has had problems, don't it? I hate it for him, but at least I know I'm not the only one. LOL I hate for ya'll, friend. That usually just gives me incentive to go back and try it again. I had wanted to get up there early and meet you guys, but things weren't going so well here. Next time, I hope....

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    tatersalad the next time you go and catch some you need to bring that back and turn them loose in Lake Wylie!!!

Sounds like a fun trip. I will be curious to see how the fishing changes for your next trip based on how the fish move as it warms. Did you fish with Darryl by chance?

Just curious, did you guys keep the fish? Most folks that hire a guide want to keep their fish, and I can understand that after you pay out the money. It amazes me how there are so many guides down there, so many fish caught, and there are still nice fish being caught there.

19. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    avatar: well, now she has a nice pic with a cat so she can start getting on the BOC and use hers. At least this way I am not much uglier than my partner in the photo :cool2:

WylieCat, we didn't keep any this trip, but will probably keep some eating size fish next trip.

Everybody, I think you will find FishfinderSC to be a great addition to the brotherhood. Not only as a guide, but as a brother. I have met a lot of people in my life, and very few were as fine of people as Jim.

20. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    NCCATTER, Either herring, shad or perch will work right now. I usually begin using perch about now but herring is a good bait most of the time. Probably won't hurt to have both.