Sunday 10/21/07 Hopewell

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by hillbeach, Oct 22, 2007.

1. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Fished the tournement out of Hopewell Sunday. Had a good time lost some big fish in cover... did not land any over 10lbs...so did not have anythink to weigh in. I think the team that won it was 90 lbs total two fish. Did learn some new water down in hopewell. The cats on the james are mean and you do have toi wade through alot of small ones, Every hloe we set on had lots of small cats. The buddy I fished with bought a new anchor for the deep water in the channels boy does it take alot to pull it up out of 70'...

2. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks for the report.....I'll be on the James about a month from now the 23rd of Nov. I'm doing my best to read and surf on the net everything I can find on fishing the James.

Tight Lines..............Jerry

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like you had a great time anyway! I figure it's always worthwhile to learn some new things, even when the fish aren't biting...now if I could only learn how to get them to bite. :embarassed:

Thanks for the fishing report!

4. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was out there too. It was the my first tournament. I've got a lot to learn about the James. Which boat were you in? We were the guys in the 19' Triumph center console that looked like we had no clue where we were going.
    Here's some pics form weigh-in:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Saw you out there Sunday Ace. Coming back upriver from the BH bridge. That is one sweeeeet ride you have there - Reel Nauti!

6. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    ACE I was fishing out of the sea fox with my buddy madtom. We went down river. Saw you-all. Hope to get up there soon. It is a long ride from VA. BEACH. I thought I would fill out my deer tags while driving up there Sunday morning, lots of deer on 460....

7. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks! You gonna be at the Novemeber tournament?

8. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will try and be down there. My boat is a 16' lowes roughneck. It is kind of small for Hopewell.

9. Ace Laserna

Ace Laserna New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hope to see you next month! I think you'll be ok in a 16' in the winter. There won't be any recreational boaters flying up and down the river at 65+ mph so the wakes shouldn't be too bad

10. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey All,
    When is the tournament in Nov?
    And where is it at and what are the rules(50 lb target or big fish)
    thanks for the info....mikeb

11. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was on the james on the 21 and thought that their might have been a tournament going on seeing all of the fishing boat traffic down river, we usually dont see that many people, did you guys do pretty good for the most part.