Sundance Boats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by sds888, Aug 1, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Has anyone ever owned or heard of a sundance boats. If so please let me know what you know. Thanks
    Stephen

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Never heard of one down here in south texas but i'll ask a buddy who owns a dealership locally. I'll get back with ya.

3. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    saw one the other day it looks similar to a carolina skiff supposedly very dry riding bay boat. catnip

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    there are like the carolina skiff except I think they are cheaper. I have a new dealer down the road and the Carolina Skiff dealer is like an hour and half away. I went by and looked at them last night. It was dark so I wasnt able to look to hard but I wonder if they hold up.
    thanks for thr responses so far keep them up
    Stephen

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont know but Carolina Skiff is a high priced name.
    If you use a Carolina Skiff alot you'll find they arent the best for holding up.
    Strong floor system, you bet but the sides flex too much to the point they can and will crack over time. I've seen a few 17 footers completely worn out hull wise that were just 5 or 6 years old.
    Granted, running around the sounds and inlets out here in NC would be harder on a Carolina Skiff then an impoundment.

You'll always have people who use their boats and people who mow grass around boats. I guess that is where the big difference may be.

6. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    sds888
    Called that buddy of mine and he's never known anyone to have one personally. He's heard of em but was unable to give any kind of opinion. I checked out their website, not a bad looking boat. He did want me to ask what kind of water do you normally fish. ie River, Lake, Saltwater, etc.....

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Fished in one last week.

Great boat. I was really impressed. There was a LOT of room behind the console, and i believe the owner said he ordered it with the console set 18" forward of the normal position. The model I was in was very wide. It had a Honda 150 on it, and at idle, I could not tell that the motor was running. It sounded like a bait well!!

They look similar to a Carolina Skiff. I have not fished a Carolina Skiff, but I walked around in one at the boat show. Similar features.

It is on my list of boats to look at when I purchase my next one.

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Thanks for the replys. Savage it will be on a lake only. I think I am going to go back to the dealership and look at them again today in the daylight. The only thing I know I dont like there is only a five year warranty on the hull. That doesnt say much for the hull like you said mark. I will be using his boat alot. I may have to keep looking but thought i would at least get some opions on it first. Wylie do you know how long he had had that boat? Thanks
    Stephen

9. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Think I might start looking for a different route with a longer warranty than 5 years.... Just my opinion...

10. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    sds888
    Sorry guy i've asked everyone I know down here and no one knows anyone who's had one. Most people hadn't heard of them like myself. Sorry I couldn't be more help..... Good luck...

11. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Well I quess it is back to the drawing board. I have about three months left before i can buy a boat and I am itching at the bit. I am trying to find a boat my wife would like who doesnt fish and I boat that is good for me also. I can spend between $0-$25000 comfortably but would rather spend in between 10000-15000.

12. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Check out the Majek boats. I'm not sure if they have one up in your area but they are really nice. A very dry riding boat but they put you really close to the water.(No high Sides) I'd get one with a tunnel hull. These boats will run in very shallow water. I've been in one that we ran through 5" of water without missing a beat. Of course we were on top of the water and ya wouldn't want to slow down in that shallow. They will take off in 12" of water with the tunnel with no problems. Several of my friends that are guides down here have em and love em. Of course their saltwater fishermen but it'd work in the river or lakes just as well. Swells get pretty big in the Gulf of mexico and the ride great. Their gonna be just over your $15k range but definately in your budget. Hope this helps.

13. waynebo

waynebo New Member

State:
    p'cola florida
    i know a guy thats got a brand new 16' with a 25 johnson,still double oiling,maybe 5 hrs,,its for sale for $4000.00,,waynebo

14. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Where ya from? and why is it for sale?
    Thanks
    Stephen