Sunblock...

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by PTDixieGal, Aug 22, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    OK this question is for those of you who can only go fishing during the daylight hours. I'm fair-skinned so I have to stay in the shade as much as possible, or use sun block, if not both. I've noticed that on the days I use sunblock I don't catch as much. Due to my work schedule, night fishing is not an option. Any suggestions?

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use to catch less fish with the lotion type sun blocks. I burn super fast in the sun. Now and for the past three or four years now I use Bullfrog pump spray its sunblock with bug dope in it as well works realy well and I dont get sun block on my hands anymore thus not getting it all over my gear either. I get it from wal-mart its like 8 bucks a bottle. it doesn't make you feel sticky and sweeting doesn't seem to effect it either.

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I just where long sleeve t shirts and such. I had a wife with lupus that wore long clothes all the time. She taught me to stay with the natural fibers, light colors and a big ole hat.:wink:

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is true the oils and scent get on your tackle i have noticed that myself! Bug spray is the same way! Dermatone all natural seems to work well after reading reviews but i havent tried it!