Sun March 4 - James River Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by reddcat, Mar 5, 2007.

1. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The wind was manageable on sunday but it made hard to sit up on the holes on the first try. Caught bait from a friend (Reel Tight).My Brother Jay met me at the Deepbottom Landing at 6;30 and it was downriver to the first hole . We had a lot of nibblers ,after 40 min the # 6 rod went down hard and Jay took on his first james River monster.It pulled the scales down to 48 Lbs blue, Second hole same stoy. about 30 min.and BAMM.WE boated a 41lb. blue on the same rod. Later in the day we got a 15 ,,,,on the same rod.
    The tide ran out all day with the rainwater behind it,We were wind burnt, sun burnt and very happy . Its always good to fish with your brother

Attached Files:

2. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good job man...looks like yall had a pretty good day!

3. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice job Bruce can't wait to get down there in a few weeks.How deep are the fish now Bruce,are they still in the winter holes.

4. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hi jerry,
    The fish are right where I left them on sunday ,Turn on your P.M. We can talk location when you send me a P.M.
    they have been in the same places all winter and almost nobody has figured it out yet.
    talk to ya soon

5. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey redcat going to be out there saturday. First time fishing with my boat on the james. Hope to get bait firsty thing in the morning, then try for them out of the wind.... hope to see you out there.

6. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hi reddcat,

I am new to this site and just wanted to say WOW.. I fish Dutch gap on a regular basis.. my biggest so far is a 61 pounder. Let me know if you want to hook up for some cats one day..

Chris in Powhatan