sun glasses, what do you wear, recomend

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by tigger_tat_55, Feb 6, 2007.

1. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

lost my glasses this weekend an am looking for a new pair. would like somthing that works well on the water. have been wearing oakley. would like to try somthing else.

what do you wear and why do you like them.

thanks

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    stick with what you like. Solar Bat makes some good glasses. Just make sure they are polarized.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    When in the sun, driving or fishing, I use those Bill Dance polorized glasses that wally world sells for 12 bucks. Sure knocks off the glare.

4. tfabry

tfabry New Member

State:
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Ocean Optics - blue color glass not red the blue works better for inshore fishing

5. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    i work at a pool so I am really hard on sunglasses (dropping them on concrete and stuff) so I just buy cheap 8 dollar rip offs at the mall, i buy them 3-4 pair at a time.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wear glasses that has Photo Gray Lens. If I need mor protection I use the flip up type over my reg glasses. Walmart sells them for $10.00 a pair.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    If you have deep pockets Costa del mars are the best polarized fishing glasses I've found. But they are very pricey!

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I wear el cheapos from BassPro. They look dorky, but they're polarized, and have a 2.5x bifocal that really is helpful.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I got a pair of the $15 wal-mart deals from their sporting goods section.. Work pretty good...

Whatever you get.. Just make sure they are polarized and have UV protection. If you have never worn polarized shades before, you will wonder how you got by after you get some... Make a HUGE difference out on the water or even just driving around.. Though may freak you out first time you look at a factory tinted car window hehe...
    Its Nice to be able to see the bait fish in the water :cool2:

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got a couple of pairs from boater's world that work pretty good for about $15 each, but my favorite is Costa Del Mar. Everything is clearer through them, and my eyes don't get fatigued even when I'm out all day in the sun.

11. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Oakley's and Maui Jims. Polarized for fishing. Most optometrists recomend. Both are good and the Maui Jims have the best polarization technology. You only have one set of eyes and macular degeneration is being linked to not wearing sunglasses. 80% of your sun exposure happens before you turn 18.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wear prescription sunglasses with polarization...:cool2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.

13. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I've been usin Blu-blockers for over 10 years. I drive a lot, so i need a decent pair of sunglasses. I tried them 'on accident' many years ago....have not used another brand since.

They are cheap...$20 for the 3rd generation. $15 for second generation. The first generation glasses were the ones with the heavy orange tint...they have improved greatly since then. They also had a polarized version.

I do not know where to find them anymore...maybe online. They used to sell them on the corner of busy intersections during the summer months.

They work great in bright sunlight, dim-light , winter ...well all conditions. I wear them all day long most days and my eyes never hurt.

cyas
    robert

14. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I've got a couple of pair of the old Hobie sunglasses that were made back when they still made them with glass lens that I only use for fishing now. I've used lots of other brands, but have found none that come close to these for clarity and being able to see deep into the water, got them back when I used to go to Lake Fork in Texas every spring to fish for bedding bass.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    The cheapest polarized ones I can Ffind for i`m always droping or loseing them:big_smile:

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Cheap ones. Just like the song says. LOL!

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    'ol cheap-o chiming in here....... i go to Dollar Tree once a year and spend $15 on 15 pair of sun glasses, they ARE UV protecting and look pretty good too. i am very rough on sun glasses and lose and break them so much that it doesnt make any sense to buy "good ones".

18. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Costa Del Mar they are worth the money I've had two pair over the years.

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I wore expensive Raybans throughout my military career and continue to do so.The most important factor for me is UV protection and because a pair says it has it doesn't mean it has enough.Good sunglasses are an investment in your future vision and it amazes me that folks that will spend 100$ on a reel ,wont spend more than 10$ for sunglasses.Glass is far superior and offers the best visual clarity.Thats why those that have them praise them and your eyes dont get tired because glass can be made with less distortion,warping etc.Not that there cant be bad glass models.I use a lens that changes colors as the sun intensifies which I found quite excellent while skiing.Most ski days you go from one extreme to the other .Before you slap a 5$ pair of sunglasses on the ONLY pair of eyes you are going to get, a little research would be wise.UV protection isn't all the same and you should want to know what % of protection your glasses give you.You might be surprised.Ever since they invented those doodads that secure the glasses around your neck I havent had a problem losing or misplacing my glasses.They also hold the glasses tightly to your face which was one serious weakness of the Raybans as they would slide down my nose when I was sweating.Think about it,this is one area I wouldn't scrimp or cut corners.Hard to tell you have a bite if you are blind.:sad2:

20. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    thanks for the info,

think I will try the maui jim, or the costa del mar. just need to find a local dealer. will have to put them on my face to decide.

again thanks!!!!