summit lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 32#fishnamedjoe, Jan 4, 2008.

1. 32#fishnamedjoe

32#fishnamedjoe New Member

State:
    Indiana
    any body know if the cats r biting at summit lake in the winter time i'm gonna try to go tuesday and if anyone knows any bank spots i'd like to hear em

2. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Id bet summit is probably frozen over to much to fish from the bank at this point with the tempature as low as it been. ive never fished from the bank there so i wouldnt really be able to give any good spots, if you ever get on it by boat try around the south end of the lake north side of the island, theres a steep drop off. and a lot of big bolders and cover, around 20-25ft of water.
    hope this helps you some
    ryan

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    I know for a fact that some of the walleye guys have been catching some nice channels through the ice for about the last week.

4. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    My buddies father has caught a few channels there earlier this week. I guess he really burnt the pearch and crappie up as well.

5. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    have always crappie and gill fished there but have caught a few channels. If you catch an old zebco with a flipspool on it i would like it back. It was my fathers and i dropped it in the lake about ten years ago. Felt pretty bad that day i was only like 8 years old i hated that rod a reel set up and it accidently and thats the truth found its way to the bottom of the lake.