SUMMIT LAKE

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman-j, Aug 30, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    WE MAY AS WELL HAVE A THREAD FOR THIS LAKE SINCE IT IS PRODUCING.
    Anyway, me and my fishing buddy were talking last night how we haven't seen any cats from Summit this year under three pounds which is a good problem to have. Last night I caught a 7lb 10 oz channel and my buddy caught a 9lb 7 oz channel. We had 3 good bites and caught 2 of them.

2. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Nice, what part of the lake did you catch those beauties at? I was there on sat. night and didnt even get a bite!, I tried cut bluegill/bloodbait and night crawlers.. was probably there fishing for about 2 hours during the evening..

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Over on the southwest/ west side out in my buddy's boat. The first one we got we were anchored off out from the old swimming beach in 18ft of water the other one was caught around the point from the old swimming beach going toward the boat dock out in about 13 ft of water. Lots of humps and drop offs over there. The smaller one I caught on raw shrimp and my buddy caught his on turkey liver.

4. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Nice, we fished in the sticks on the last fishing dyke thing on the southeast side but there was too much sea weed stuff so as soon as your line would hit the water and sink the baitwould take like 10lbs of sea weed with.

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    those jetties down at that far end are a waste of time and money and living proof that G&P and the NRD people have brain damage. All that lime stone could have been used at some other lake and I'll never understand why they make those damn jetties so tall. You have to break you damn neck to land your fish.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats to ya Jeff an your buddy to on a good catch!

7. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Wish I had access to that lake! Ks sux right now! Although our weather right now is amazing!

8. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Summit is a great lake. Last weekend I caught a 7.5, 9.5 and an 11. Jeff, there are little cats in Summit. I've caught about 5 that were less than 2 lbs.

9. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Wish I could go. I'll be going down to take my dad to arkansas to see his sister. He has lung cancer now.

10. shawncat

shawncat New Member

State:
    nebraska
    what u get em on

11. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Caught them on Sonny's. Almost getting too cold to use it though. Had to heat it up in the car to keep it soft. I'm catchin em in 6ft of water on a weedy flat.

12. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Went out saturday night from 10pm-2am. Caught a 4,5 and a 6. They were biting extremly lightly. Caught all 3 on the pole I was holding and I was setting the hook on the lightest taps. Went back Monday from 10pm-1am. Caught a 3lb about 15min after getting there and he hammered it. Thought it was going to be a good night but that was my only bite all night.

13. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Went on last tuesday and caught a 3 a 6.5 and a 7. Went back wednesday and caught a 3 a 6 and a 9. Went tonight and got skunked. My best bank spot was a foot under water so I drove to my other good spot. Fished for 3 hours and only 1 bite. The mosquitos weren't even biting.

14. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Went last night from 10pm-1am with my brother. I caught a 6.5lb and a 3lb. My brother caught a 2lb. I also managed to snag an 8incher in the tail. Wife and kids are in KC and i have tomorrow off so planning on going back tonight for an all nighter. One of the locals told me his friend caught a 10,12&14 off one of the jetties using live bluegill on memorial day weekend.

15. stu stinkbait

stu stinkbait New Member

State:
    Omaha,Ne
    Went back sat. night from 9pm-5am. Fishing was extreemly slow. Got rained on off and on. All I caught was 4 little 1lbers. My friend got skunked. We talked to a guy on a jetty who caught a 15lber on a chub. That was his only bite all night.

16. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    Thanks for the updates. I was thinking about driving up there friday or saturday night. I might try bank fishing over by the fish cleaning station or way down at the other end of the lake. Was the water still high?

Mickey likes this.
  17. mudd

mudd Member

State:
    iowa
    anyone have any good pointers and areas to fish it from a boat all night.baits methods,etc......thanx for any and all help

18. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    summit tourney this weekend or next ? who's gonna fish it? would like to see some board members get some wins!

19. mudd

mudd Member

State:
    iowa
    ya,iowa drifters tourny this weekend.kinda why i was looking for some pointers as we have never been on the lake.