Summertime Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by fat_fish55, Jun 20, 2006.

1. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    wondring how you guys fish for bass in the hot summer

2. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    I use 8 different lures Fluk, 8" pumkin seed lizzard, buzz bait,6 - 8" worm chartrize tail or fire tail, rattle gigwith crawfish trailer, 3/8 oz rooster tail and yummy natural color crawfish

on my soft bait i use carolina rig. everthing but the fluk i us it with out sinker this bait gives a wounded fish appearance when fished correctly and the bass go crazy.

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I like to hit allot of cover especially in the afternoon along the shoreline (because I don't have a boat) with a 6" plastic worm. I usually rig mine texas style and allot of times just leave the weight off completely and fish it REAL slow. Seems to work pretty good for me.

4. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    oh iv been reading in magazines that they school up in deeper water when the water gets hot

5. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    so far i just fish from shore cuz i dont have a boat and all i do is use either a denny brauer pro enticer jig black/blue with a blue pork trailer and throw it in cover and do pretty good my biggest with that was 9 1/2 lber pretty good it was in a private lake. Also i have had luck with any plastic worm texas rigged.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I just filp for them over mats of cover (weeds), in the summertime, on hot days they love to stay in the shade. So in the hot summer days I'll just filp the cover and they will come up and get hit it (HARD) out of hunger or just reaction. (Think about it :roll_eyes: )
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

7. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am shorebound, but I still use plastic worms and toss them into any cover I can find. Seems to work for me.

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    here, it averages about 85-95 degrees (air) so it is quite warm. I suggest finding cover and fishing those. I went to a creek today and slayed the fish. About 30 sunfish (half of those green sunfish), half a dozen good-sized crappie, and two bass. Caught using what I said earlier, fishing structure. 2 bass came rom minnows under a bobber, the rest 1" curly-tail grub with a jighead. Good luck.

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    For fishing largemouths in the dog days of summer I usually do my best with top water lures like Pop R's, and also with 7" Berkely power worms, brown or natural color, rigged texas style with no weight so it sinks really slow and dosen't make noise when hitting the water. For smallmouth, I always go with my year round smallie go to bait, and that's a beatle spin with a 2" chartruese berkely power grub.

10. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went for about half an hour during lunch today and did really well on buzzbait. Bought a new baitcasting combo, didn't set the drag properly (in too much of a hurry), hooked into a really nice one, he got into weeds, drag didn't let go, line snapped. :(

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad I did not eat a big lunch, I would of lost it reading all this Ba$$ loving going on in the brotherhood. LMAO

12. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well... I don't have the time to go catfishing during lunch. Not to mention that my co-workers would not appreciate me coming back smelling like catfish bait.

I normally don't go catfishing after work. They haven't been biting until the time I need to leave (getting to work at 6:30 in the morning stinks).

You want me to quit fishing during lunch and after work? Not going to happen. Best thing I can do is bass fish, so I am going to bass fish.

Besides, my dad brought me up bass fishing and it brings back a lot of good memories.

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I kinda figure I paid my dues, so if I want to bass fish, I'll bass fish. If I want to cat fish, i'll cat fish, and if I want to crappie fish, I crappie fish. Makes no difference to me...fish is fish. I don't eat them, and they all stink, so I'm in it for the fun. Today, I went bassing. Caught two at about 5 lbs, 4 that would be right at 4 pounds, 6 that was 3 lbs or under, and got one that was about 8pounds to the bank and was farting around and let it get off. That was in about a 45 minute period. My friend, fuzzface was with me standing about 15 feet away when I caught them...he caught one about 4 lbs. Now, if my catfishing was that good, I'd catfish all the time. LOL Oh, I was using a red shad worm rigged texas style, and a chartrues/black big o crank bait.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, we all need to catch good catfish bait brother. Ba$$ are some of the best bait out there.

Always good to bring back memories of fishing with your father, glad you have them.

15. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Too bad I can't use them for bait.
    1. Fishing during lunch means I would have to have some way to preserve them until after work.
    2. Illegal in Missouri.

I very much enjoy my memories of my dad. He is still alive, but he is in Oklahoma and I am stationed in Missouri. He understand quite well since he is retired from the Air Force too. Tomorrow is our family reunion that I can't go to because of work though.:sad2: :crazy: :sad2: