Summers- ferry, Gore

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by swampratt, May 31, 2008.

1. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was wondering if the park is open..Gonna be there monday and tuesday doing some fishin', with wife and son..
    Staying at tenkiller, but fishing the arkansas river...

I usually put the boat in at summers ferry and fish just up river. So i just need to know if it is flooded, or not

Gonna try to put a woopin on them pan fryers

2. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I camped there Friday night,only one other camper.Water was up and rolling but ramp was fine.Webber's ramp was under water,plus camp was closed for car show Sat.Fishing was slow, caught about 12,kept 6 fish,total 40lbs. in about 6hrs on Sat.juggs and poles.Good luck,let us know how you did.

3. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks i am leaving in a few minutes i will post back wed. or thursday...If you are down there look for a big brown ford van. with a white top.

4. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I wish I was down there,maybe next weekend.Look for red dodge pulling goose neck with over head camper,pulling bass (catfish)boat totaling 83 ft.Redneck contraption:big_smile:

5. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    just got back.....Well the river is really flowing and all the peninsulas, or whatever you want to call them (rock jeddies).. are completely under water

The shad ..well no shad, one guy was fishing there sunday and monday and caught 3 shad ...Plenty of worms,,,dont even need to go into the poision ivy to get em..

tenkiller lake was rough,, i lost 2 pieces of bait on my trotline and none on my jugs,, baited with perch and worms....T

Today wednesday, got shad ,,YEAH went to eufalla dam ,, plenty of shad there also
    caught a couple dinks cats and sandies..
    Others at the wall were doing good on stripers with jigs...
    Was informed yesterday stripers and blues on jigs every one with stringers full....

Jigs with cut shad attached off the wall, was a big hit for the blues

6. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I'm going down to Webbers tail waters Sat. or Sun.I hope I have a little better luck.With all the rain that came through OK last night I'm sure the river isn't going down any time soon.

7. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Good luck...
    The water was all the way up to the side walk. all the gates looked to be open

8. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Went Sat.River up and rolling.Only caught about 6,all small,and two gar.The gar went on the grill,pretty good eating.

9. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I'm sorry that I didn't check this thread last Friday. It would have been an opportunity to visit with BOC members on my home waters.

Next time you are coming down to L&D16, send me a PM. we'll visit... and maybe catch a fish together. I live about a mile from Sommers Ferry Park in Gore.

I personally have not been fishing in a couple of weeks. The heat and I don't get along well. Summertime is nighttime fishing for me.

The Arkansas has been high since the last week in March... and it's still raining. You just have to figure out where the fish are. They're eating, where ever they are!:smile2:

10. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I usually do good if the rivers not flooding.Last weekend not bad,but this weekend not much luck.A few pointers from a local pro:cool2: would be very welcome

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Anyone that knows he's headed this a-way for a weekend of catfishin just has to pick up a phone or send me a PM and I'll pass on any fresh info I got including where to go, what to look for and best place to find shad.

There are a few good trophy size blues being caught below L&D16, but most fish are under 10 pounds. It's tough fishing due to the fast water and high levels,

There is a better bite in a few areas more accessed by a boat. I'm happy to tell what I know, so just drop me a line and I'll bite!:smile2:

12. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Most catfishermen are friendly and helpful but you semm to go above and beond to help out you're fellow fisherman.I can't imagine how well you treat you're close friends.You must deliver hot cooked fillets at diner time to thier tables:wink:but that would deny them the joy of catching them.Thanks again

13. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Albert took me out a year or so ago and put us on some very nice fish. He treated us to some lip smacking venison stew that cold day. He is as advertised.

14. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Talk with the wife, then get out the calendar and choose a day or two to come fishing between November 1 and March 15. When you got it all figgered out, drop me a PM and we'll go catch some nice BIG Arkansas River Bluecat!

In the meantime, go fishing every time you get the chance and take a kid!

15. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    havent fished there in a year. dont know why. its just down the road. but the report im hearing is. that up from 64hy fishing along the wind dams.thay are doing very well. limiting out every night with fish from 10 to 20 pounds. sorry albert. i know you like puting them back and with good cause. but thats the report i got.

16. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Whitney...

I like to eat them whiskerfish too! There ain't nothin wrong with enjoyin a few filets every other day or so...:wink:

I don't know where the fellows are catchin their fish at the wingdams... they're all underwater! Them guys got trotlines?

I'll have to try it tomorrow night. I been workin my other hobby pretty hard, but I gotta replenish my freezer soon. I'm running low on catfish filets.

Hey Whitney... when do you wanna go? Call me or email me. I'm ready any time. Ain't retirement grand?:smile2::smile2:

17. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thay sopos to be fishing out of boat with rod and reels. i like fishing just below the dam out of boat but there is to much water at this time. All i have a is a 15 foot bass boat and it gets ruff out there. have been thinking about stoping off at your house. go by it all the time. and about to go by it even more. my boat is down for now. have to rebuild the lower unit. at this time im free most days but broke as heck.

18. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I know the feeling... In 2006 I rebuilt the lower unit in my 'Rude twice! At $1500.00 per pop, I learned to keep the engine stopped and the trolling motor running while in the stumps.

Come on and stop by... if the pickup is in the garage, I'm home! If not, call me on the cell... I'm probably on the river.

The river is way too high right now... too dangerous below the dam. Launch in the Illinois River and go down to the Dirty Creek junction. Fish the inside bend of the river in the gravels about 2-5 feet deep. Always good for a brace of filets. :wink:

19. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    dont have your cell

20. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Hmmmm... I thought it was right down under my picture on this post...:embarassed: