Summer Summary

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fullstringer & I had a pretty good summer on the upper Wabash River. In June, July & August we captured 27 individual flathhead and 1 recapture. That may not seem like too many but with the river being so low this summer it really limited our ability to get to some of our better spots. Anyway....

We spent a total of 171 hours on the water and that equates to 361 angler-hours. Our catch rate was 0.08 flathead per hour of fishing. 12 flathead were captured with cut bait (0.03 fish/hr) and 16 (0.04 fish/hr) were captured with live bait. Six (0.02 fish/hr) were caught during the day and the other 22 (0.05 fish/hr) at night. Weights ranged from 4 to 36 pounds.

It was a good summer, but would have been nice to catch some more fish! Nobody tell my wife I spent four 40-hr weeks on the river!!!:embarassed:

Andy, thanks for a great summer! Can't wait until next spring!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Matt that was a great report Thank You and we promise we won't rat you off the wife about all them hours ya spent fishing :wink:,J.D.

3. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    you did a hell of a lot better then my 1 flathead lol congrats on the good summer

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    So how do you know that you had a recapture? You tagging or fin clipping them?

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Summery for us is that the summer was very good, up until saturday and sunday. It was the worst 2 days I have had on the river since the 1st of July.

6. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice report matt, i like the .08 fish per hour ratio you must have logged all this somewhere hope your wife don't find it :smile2:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  7. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's nice to know someone else records and analyzes all those things too. I didn't keep up with it this year since I've been laid off, but it DOES help out when you get a few years worth of data. Seeing the trends and anticipating them is priceless :wink: Normally I'd be done fishing for flats by now and be strictly muskie fishing but I've made a point to keep at it longer this fall and to start earlier next year too...

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    As much time as you spend away from home, she most likely already...... KNOWS! :crazy:

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great report buddy. dont put that notepad away just yet brother Matt!!!!!!!! this is hog time!!!!!!

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, amen... thats what I was thinking... sounded like he was wrappin' it up for the year to me.:crazy:

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah I know Tim & Bill, but I am just about wrapping it up for the year. I only have about 20 more days before every work day is 12+ hours long and I'll be gone away from home every weekend for the next 6 months. So, unfortunately, my fishing is done for the year :sad2: