Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can an orphan eat at a family restaurant?
Depends on location, some family restaurants are now operating under the don't ask don't tell policy, others in the more rural areas figure the odds of someone in the establishment being the orphans daddy are so great it is not worth the effort to enforce the family restaurant requirements.

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts

·
Old Squeezer
22,361 Posts
Depends on location, some family restaurants are now operating under the don't ask don't tell policy, others in the more rural areas figure the odds of someone in the establishment being the orphans daddy are so great it is not worth the effort to enforce the family restaurant requirements.
Nose Head Chin Smile Eye

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,616 Posts
Yep, go out one evening and wet some lines only to find out there is a new thred. Was kinda nice as no flys or skeeters. Lots of fish breaking the surface. None on the lines tho. Few nips or swimmers by the lines.

Gee Neil, my fly fishing is setting in boat swatting flys near bait board. Sometimes you can put the flys on small hook and catch fresh mooneye.

Did fix kids car this morn. He had a busted plastic bumper. Poprivets, sheet metal, go fast tape and epoxey.

That is a great catch of a strugon.

Later

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,616 Posts
Oh, all this heat hitting the country reminds me of a pinball machine. About 60 years ago a bowling alley had one titled "Heat Wave". It was a nickel machine. All others had gone up to a dime. Thing is you could actually win games on it kinda easy. It had the old manual ball feed. After a couple years tho it was wore out. Rubbers on bumpers had broke last I saw it.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,530 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
You never know when good fortune is going to come your way. I've always wanted a Magnolia tree, but for one reason or another I didn't follow thru with my desire. Yesterday while the sprinklers were going, I went down to the end of the rear deck to see if the spray was hitting the areas I wanted. I was standing next to the "don't pee off the deck" sign when the urge hit me. While I was taking care of business I looked down and thar next to the AC compressor were two small Magnolia's, I couldn't believe my eyes (really just one eye). Much later, after I cut off the irrigation pump, I got my 'brownie' out and took some pic/s of the small plants.
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flowering plant
Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flower Flowering plant

Most likely a bird ate the seeds from a Magnolia tree and deposited them at the end of the deck.

Another hot day in store for my parts, like a high of 98, with an overnight low of 68, partly cloudy with some wind out of the NE.

There are some that are thinking about messing with 'mother nature' >> A plan to divert Mississippi flood waters to west is proposed | Business | The Earth Times

·
Horse-MON
23,344 Posts
You never know when good fortune is going to come your way. I've always wanted a Magnolia tree, but for one reason or another I didn't follow thru with my desire. Yesterday while the sprinklers were going, I went down to the end of the rear deck to see if the spray was hitting the areas I wanted. I was standing next to the "don't pee off the deck" sign when the urge hit me. While I was taking care of business I looked down and thar next to the AC compressor were two small Magnolia's, I couldn't believe my eyes (really just one eye). Much later, after I cut off the irrigation pump, I got my 'brownie' out and took some pic/s of the small plants.
View attachment 329964 View attachment 329965
Most likely a bird ate the seeds from a Magnolia tree and deposited them at the end of the deck.

Another hot day in store for my parts, like a high of 98, with an overnight low of 68, partly cloudy with some wind out of the NE.

There are some that are thinking about messing with 'mother nature' >> A plan to divert Mississippi flood waters to west is proposed | Business | The Earth Times
They tried to do that with the Mo. river, WE voted no. Years back the houses on the great lakes were going to flood, we voted to let water down the Miss. river, few years after that we needed water in the river, THEY voted NO. Guess you know I will probably never get to vote on anything for them again, but bet you know how I will vote??

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
764 Posts
Many moons ago another Rambler and I swapped tubers from our Day Lilies collection. Here is a beauty from one of the tubers he sent me.
View attachment 329955

He got canned during the Mutt era

One of my Better Boy plants produced a ripe mater Sunday and one of the German Johnsons has one in the orange stage. which I don't believe I've seen before.
Mac if you remember his name, go ahead and lift the ban on your buddy, if you can't do it, I can, just let me know.

Keith, I didn't know about the water park. We seldom go on that side of the mountain when we visit the Smokies, WAY WAY too much traffic. If we do happen to hit that side of the mountain it is to grab a donut and a cup of coffee and get out of there.

76/95/69 chance of T showers

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
"Mac if you remember his name, go ahead and lift the ban on your buddy, if you can't do it, I can, just let me know."

Jim, last time I heard of him on FB, he was not doing too good and that was four or five years ago.

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
Mountain Lion killed pet cat and hung around the property until Game Warden ran it off. It's supposed to be hiding under the brush.

CPW NE Region

@CPW_NE

·
Jun 17

Wildlife officers with some proactive management, hazing this mountain lion away with bean bag rounds. A homeowner near Bailey called last weekend because the lion killed their pet cat & was staying near home under an RV. Learn more about lions
⬇️
https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/LivingwithWildlifeLion1.aspx…

Keef, another invasive species >>> Dangerous species of worm found in Arkansas (kait8.com)

Mac Byrum

Tweet your reply

Donna Shepler

@Tobysahottie

·
5m

Replying to
@CPW_NE
Be careful if he is familiar with that spot he will be back; wildlife are getting pushed out of their homes and are looking for food and shelter

CHRISTOPHER

@XLR8ER

·
Jun 17

Replying to
@CPW_NE
He'll be back.... looking for more "meals"

https://twitter.com/home

Home

Explore

Notifications