Summer Indiana Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by typer181, Jul 15, 2007.

1. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Everyone!

I haven't seen anyone talking about a late summer gathering, so I thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone was interested. The weekend of August 4th looks like a good a time as any. It would be great to find a new spot, what are some suggestions? It's always nice to have plenty of room for bank fishing, and a boat ramp if possible. Please share your thoughts!

2. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I'm with you Eric. We just need someone to
    lead the show! I elect YOU! By the way, thanks
    for reccomending the spot for snappers at Eagle
    Creek last week. I scouted the area Sunday and plan
    on launching my attack soon.

3. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    No sweat bro, good luck up on the snappers! We need some rain, hopefully we get some before the gathering.

We have fished the stretch of the White from the 16th St dam down to 10th st on a previous event, and with over 35 poles in the water, we only caught two small flatties the whole night. Same story on the White down by the IPL plant on 67, we had gobs of poles in the water, and only two small channels the whole day. But it was still a good time, well except for a run in with a CO down south, but that's another story:sad2:

Where should we go fishing?

Anyone have a private lake that they don't mind sharing?

Let's hear some ideas!

4. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Come on people! Where are all of you Hoosiers at?
    Let's get together and drop a line. It seems there were a couple of guys here who have posted who were
    looking for fishing buddies... Here's your big chance to meet others. Is this not also what BOC
    is about? Eric, I wouldn't miss this chance to fish
    with you buddy! Come on guys and gals. Respond,or
    else!

5. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Well Larry, I know I can round up at least 5 other guys. So I guess the question now is where do we go? Do you have any suggestions?

6. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am always looking for someone to go fishing with since I don't know many people in the indianapolis area. But that is the weekend that I will be at lake shelbyville, IL. Hope it works out for everyone else

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Depending on the date, I think I would be in, might have someone else who would be interested....no boat though, hope thats not a prerequisite. There are lots of places in Indiana though, any stretch of the Wabash, Eagle Creek, Monroe, Brookville, Ohio river.

8. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Let's make the date August 4th. What do you guys think of Williams Dam? There is plenty of bank fishing, plus there is a boat launch. How does that sound?

9. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Eric I would love to wet a line with you guys, but I wont be back in town til the 3rd weekend of Aug. But that dont mean we still can't hook up. I'm sure RiverScum will tag along. Good luck with the outing. Would like to see some pic's. :wink:

10. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I will be arriving at Williams Dam around 3pm on Saturday the 4th. I'm sure I'll be there at least until Sunday morning. Hope some of you can make it out, it's always good to put a face with a name.

11. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    Eric

I plan on coming up on the 4th out of New Albany. What can you tell us about the park there and water conditions, as to current, etc.? Is it suitable for a smaller boat with a trolling motor?

Charlie

12. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I won't be able to make it for the 4th, the girlfriend is graduating from Purdue that day (and if i want a sugar-momma i had better be there)....but you guys take lots of pictures.

13. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I'm hoping to be able to make this one. Can you give me some directions on how to get there from Indy. Also have you set up a time for everyone to meet there yet?

14. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    we can also schedule a sept gathering on the wabash near covington if anyone is interested. i fish there all the time and a boat ramp is also there. let me know how many u would like to come and maybe we can have a lil cook and fish

15. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    Joe

These are directions that I got from a map service. You should take a double look at a map to verify it will work for you. Eric said that he would be there around mid afternoon and that is when I plan on showing up as well. I have never fished on a river and am not going to miss this oppurtunity to have a chance to learn from some veterans.

From I-465 [I-74]
    Merge onto SR-37 South [S Harding St] 67.1 mi
    Turn RIGHT (West) onto SR-158 [SR-450] 0.2 mi
    Turn LEFT (South) onto SR-450 1.2 mi
    Bear RIGHT (West) onto SR-450 [Williams Rd] 1.2 mi Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-450 6.5 mi
    Turn LEFT (South) onto Local road(s) 0.3 mi
    Arrive Dam Rd, Williams, IN 47470

Charlie

16. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for the directions Charlie. Hopefully I'll be able to make it.

17. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kevin- i would definitely be interested, especially as close as it would be to me. keep us posted.

18. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hey Eric, What ever the plan is I'm down with it.
    First of all I'm wondering where exactly are we going to meet and at what time.Are we going to fish over night? Because if we are I'm still in. I don't own a boat,I'm a bank fisherman.So if anyone else
    is a bank fisherman it might be nice to gather
    together of course. Please respond or PM me as
    soon as possible!

19. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    The water level is pretty low, so I'm not going to take my boat. I do plan on fishing all night.

I know a few of us are meeting at West Side Bait at 2pm. If anyone from the area wants to meet there, we can grab the essentials and head out at 2pm.

It's rocky down there, you will loose a lot of weights. I usually use a three way swivel, one 50lb test leader for the hook and a lighter 12lb test on the weight leader. That way you can simply break off the weight if you snag (which is almost every cast) or if you get a fish on. If anyone has a better technique, I would love some knowledge.

Everyone do a rain dance!!! See you on Saturday, looking forward to meeting new friends.

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana

I'm going for sure of course with my Borther Typer, we'll try to bring along some old members with us and catch some fatties! The more the merrier so try to make it out! Looking forward to meeting some of the new members! Lutey, you better be there!lol There have been some monsters pulled out of Williams Dam. If someone has a monster on I'm not afraid to jump in with the net and get him, just ask my brother.LOL