Summer College Classes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, May 10, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just got my books and paid for class today. I am signed up for Intro to Psychology, and Human Growth and Development. Any pointers for a new student, I am taking all of my classes via internet.

Aaron

TA2D

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

For online classes it is easy to lose interest and not pay attention, which can bite you in the rear later.

About all I can say is take good notes, develop good study habits, and stick to them like it is your job and you will do well.

3. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I never could maintain online classes. Do better in a classroom. The best advice I can give you is read the course pages on the website over and over and over again, to make sure you didn't miss any assignments. And check it frequently. It's a lot harder to keep up with online. Good luck to you.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I find summer classes and online classes to be easy. You just havr to hit the ground running and stay on top of the work. I think teachers like to see students get their online class work done on schedule instead of waiting until the very last week to try to finish everyhting. Unfortunatley that probably means lots of reading.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive never taken any online classes but have taken plenty of in class and self taught classes(not fun). One thing that worked great for me was to hit it hard from the beginning. Its a must to ace that first test or your running behind. Seems like the tests are easier earlier in the class, get good grades from the beginning so you arent as stressed or worried when finals come around.

6. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Im not sure what they're like. I'm taking my first online class next semester--Nursing terminology/Drug Calculations. Ive heard they're hard though. Good luck to you!