Summer channel catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Zombie76, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What areas would be best to fish for hotweather channel?
    There are several small shallow lakes around here and I can't seem to get anything bigger than 5 or 6 lbs. I was just looking for suggestions on cover, depth, etc. Thanks!

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    On the lakes I fish I have been having luck on flats near deep water or points near deep water.
    Chip

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    whats up thomas, im mikey, sadly to say i dont have a boat, if i did, i would be going to deep parts of a lake, or finding heavily brushed areas or even trees that hang over lakes, i bank fish, the earliest time i can fish here in so cal at the local lakes is 7:30am, if i can get down to throw my pole in before 8 i at least get one fish at any part of the lake, when water warms up during the day i noticed them cats like to seek holes and shade, not particually deeeeep water, however they are there too, if you find out where those holes and shady spots are that would greatly increase your chances of finding those cats instead of waiting for some cat to be mosing on by to catch up the sent of your bait, i fish mostly channels down here since im miles and miles away from any flatties:cry:, so in a nut shell, find them holes docks, bridges and brushy shady spots, weither it be a tree that over hangs the lake/river or even by huge stones in the water that are either oval or oddly shapped, thats where i do my fishing

:0a26:

4. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I don't have a boat either. That's why I fish the "puddles" so much. Easier to cover most of the water from shore. Thanks for the input all, I'm sure it'll help me a bit. I'll keep you posted if get a big 'un!