Suggestions for guided Catfishing Trip

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catsrking, Mar 30, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    As there is a wealth of information within the BOC network, I'm thinking this is the perfect place to get suggestions/ideas/info of where to look into a guided catfishing trip. As I am in Iowa, a trip somewhere in the central US region would be preferred. Basically looking for best opportunity to get into big blues or flats with this trip. (Who ain't, right?)Any input y'all have would be appreciated. :big_smile:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tom,

While I can't reccomend a guide, I can reccomend that you determine where you would like to go, and then use google to locate fishing guides in the area. You can also check with bait shops in that area via the phone for reccomendations on guides.

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you for the suggestion. Never been on a guided catfish trip, so I guess I had better concentrate on where the big ones live. I am sure there are many options that I am not aware of here in the central part of the US. In hopes some folk out there may have personal knowledge of some water that holds big fish opportunity and reputable guides.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tom,

While it's against the rules of the BOC to mention guides by name(unless they're a sponsor of course) or provide links that mention guides by name, members can send you info by PM. So anyone with any helpful info for Tom should reply by sending a PM. If I could mention names, I'd be sure to mention a couple here that you don't want to use. LOL But that's a whole other subject. LOL

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Appreciate the reminder on posting Bryan - and thanks to those who have sent pm's with some very good info.

6. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been thinking about a booking a guide service myself a time or two this summer. I'll tell you what, from what I've read, I know you mentioned the central U.S. but Tim Hagen who is a member of the B.O.C. looks to be running a great operation down there in Maryland he's also a sponsor here on the B.O.C.
    Just an idea, I think it would be well worth the trip to meet a very knowledgeable member of the B.O.C. and I feel for my money, Tim would make the trip much more enjoyable than some run of the mill guy that just wanted my money! Just my Opinion of Course,

Garrett

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Why would you guys want to get a guide when you have 12,000 members on here that would be glad to show you there waters for free.

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I was wondering the same thing.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I for one will not pay someone to take me fishing, nor will I charge someone to go with me. I have been fishing for 44 years and have yet to pay someone to take me.
    You are welcome to come fish with me when I can go. There will be an open seat for anyone on the BOC that wants to go as long as I have enough notice to make plans for it. I am sure that there are more folks on here that feel the same way I do.
    PS. I am not knocking guide services, they do a well needed service.

10. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    jw you have been charged for fishing trips, i just hav'nt sent you my bill in a while so thanks for the reminder and i will take a check...lmao.....but no as for the guide their's some good fishin anywhere in this area that i know about and probably alot more i dont,but dont pay some to take you fishin,that takes allthe fun out of it...

11. Don1

Don1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    You don"t have to travel far,between the Mississippi and Missiouri rivers you will find ample amounts of large flats and blues.Try those first.
    Good Luck!

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Man you guys are hard on a working guide trying to pay the bills :lol:

But for those members who wish to come to Maryland i'm here I will discount trips for any BOC member. For me this is my life so I can't just take everybody out for free it just don't work that way sorry boat payment,guide etc.. But I think you will be happy with the price I do offer members from the BOC and if you have followed the postyou will see I always do my very best to see you walk away from any trip knowing more about the river and catfish then when you came. I hold nothing back we fish what I fill will do the best on that day and the tides we have to fish and with 185 fish over 20 lbs so far this season it seems to be working.

I have Big George and copycat coming down in May for a day so we will see then if they enjoy fishing with a guide or not .
    :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I once made a post and ask for heading where guys who wanted to that owned boats and guys who didn't own boats could post. Or a place we could hook up with each other when away from home. It seems there are many who could help each other.

I am sure I am not the only one with a boat that doesn't use it if alone. Heck I have a boat for sale I have almost 17000 in that I am selling at a big loss just because it sits so much. It only has about 20 hours on it.

Like myself I just hate to ask for someone to take me fishing, it's makes me feel like I'm begging but if I knew in advance of others who would like someone to fish with, well thats different.

I have come to think I could fish more and cheaper by offering to pay the fuel bill for someone and it would be cheaper than having a rain catcher sitting in the yard.

I think it's great that we have Brothers that are willing to take others out but I can't bring myself to ask just anybody.

Danny

14. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yowsa DH, you hit me back with quite a question. It's not that I am disappreciating the fact that we maybe could hook up with someone from BOC or that we're jonsin' to spend a bunch o' dough; however, my Army buddies and I in our planning decided that a guide is the way to go for our situation. I do much appreciate the offers to fish with y'all that posted such, and would not hesitate to give a jingle if it were just a couple of us. But this is several folks. You see where I'm coming from?