suggestions for cow pen

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Nov 7, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    putting in at the cowpen ramp tomorrow. It will be my first time out there. Anybody have any words of wisdom or tips to get me on some nice blues/flats?? I will be using live/cut eel and maybe catch some bream. i'll try to get out there around 9 or so. Any suggestions guys???

2. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Hey David,

I just replied to your other post. How did it go with Mac?

I'll be launching at Cow Pen sometime around 3:00pm tomorrow afternoon.

My best advice would be to find moving water.

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
  4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Only caught 1 bowfin that was between 8-9 lbs. Biggest bowfin ive ever caught but none the less, a bowfin... No cats. I had no idea that the river at the cowpen ramp was so wide and deep! im not use to that. Im use to the skinny, shallow, fast moving neuse in goldsboro and kinston! I didnt know what to do! lol, its so big, i got no idea where to go.

Joe, it was nice finally meeting you and thanks for the invite to go with you one night out there. I would love it. maybe you can help get this stink off me! Hope the eels i gave you get you a fattie out there! good luck! hope to hear from you soon. I sent you a pm earlier with my number so give me a ring. im free to go just about any night you want to.

5. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Well it was nice to finally meet CatSlayer715 in person yesterday. David, I really appreciate the eels, it was very generous. Suprisingly we didn't catch anything using them.

We caught bream from around 3:15 to about 4:30pm then went up river past Turkey Quarter Creek. I started things off with a 17 lb. blue around 6:00pm on a live bream. Then we caught a 5 lb. channel cat. We moved a little down river and almost immediately caught another 5 lb. channel. Right about 10:00pm Jacob caught an 8 lb. flathead. At 10:20pm we started the cold ride back to the ramp.

Pictures included. By the way, the water temp was 56 degrees.

Attached Files: