Suger Creek

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wallbass, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone here ever fish Suger Creek in Johnson Co. for cats????? Thanks Jeff :smile2:

2. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    There are alot of nice fish in Sugar Creek down that way. While I personally have never caught anything but eating size channels, I have heard that there is a good population of flatheads in there too. The Blue River over by the spillway in Edinburgh has produced flatheads up to 20 lbs for me in the past. If you go a little further south, the Driftwood River and Flatrock rivers converge to form the East Fork of the White River. You can access it (for bank or boat fishing) at Mill Race Park in Columbus.

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Scott's got it right, there is some good fishing on all those waterways mentioned. I've done a lot of fishing on Sugar Creek and the Big Blue, but over in Shelby County. There are some magical spots :wink:. My biggest flatheads out of both Sugar and Big Blue have been around 17-18lbs, but I saw a flathead pulled from Sugar Creek a few years back which was 27lbs. There's a lot of good fishing to be done on those waterways, but it takes some exploring to find the right spots. Good luck and remember, smaller waterways like that really benefit from CPR.