Sugarcreek Lake - sorry late notice

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by larry again, Jul 25, 2009.

1. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    does anybody fish sugarcreek lake in moberly mo. I am going tomorrow would anybody like to go , I have room for one person and equiment. like to catch some shad and drift for some blues.and maybe some crappie!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Yeah Larry, I've fished it many times. I live in Moberly so it's one of the few close places to fish. Shad are pretty easy to come by in the coves at night or below the spillway during the day, but be aware that it is illegal to throw a net at Sugar Creek Lake. As far as catfishing goes, there are some nice ones in there, but they're pretty hard to find. Me and a BOC buddy (jlcperformance) went fishing there the other night with no luck as far as boating any fish, but he had a really nice hit on live perch...his reaction time just wasn't quick enough:wink:. I do know that there are also bluecats in the lake, too. Shoot me a pm when you get ready to go, I may be interested if the wife lets me out:cool2:. GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009

3. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    next time give me fair warning and i would be glad to go with u or u can come with me n my boat. was out there last week and had a really really good bite but didnt make it to my pole in time to set the hook (live perch was my bait) just give me a holler and let me know when u wanna go.

4. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    why dont u ever invite me..... you afraid to get out fished!!!!!!!!!:smile2: let me know when you and fishin fool are going back.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Well good luck to you an the fishing!

6. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Hey Larry, I fished Sugar Creek Lake again on Wednesday night (7-28) with Jeff (jlcperformance). Once again, I didn't have much luck nor did I get many bites, but Jeff caught a couple of nice channel cat that weighed about 5 pounds each. We were anchored in a cove using live perch. I was fishing around log structure and he was fishing next to rocky banks. Hope this helps next time you go!