Sugar-free Old Fashioned Apple Pie

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Cattledogz, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    9-inch double pie crust
    7 cups thin-sliced, cored, peeled baking apples (about 7 medium)
    1 cup Splenda granular no calorie sweetener
    3 tbsp cornstarch
    3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
    Prepare or purchase a double pie crust and set one crust into a 9-inch pie pan.

Place sliced apples into a large bowl and set aside.

Combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over apples and toss. Spoon apple mixture into pie crust.

Place the second crust over the filling. Seal edges, trim, and flute. Make small openings in the top crust following your preferred pattern.

Bake in a preheated oven at 425 Degrees until top crust is golden brown (about 40-50 minutes). Serve warm or chilled.

Enjoy!

2. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Thank You Barb! Just happens that I'm type 2 and don't do a very good job of taking care of Me.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks barb I'll add that to my desert sugar free recipes
    :smile2:

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks barb I need that one.:wink:

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Boy Carl, I wish you could see my dad. He is, unfortunately, a great example of what happens when you are type II diabetic and don't take care of yourself.

I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy.

He is in horrible chronic pain each and every day due to the nerve damage caused by uncontrolled glucose levels, his kidneys and eyesight have been badly affected, etc., etc. He is only in his mid 70s and has gone down hill so much this past year. The doctors have all told him he is doing it to himself because he won't even attempt to control the diabetes. He eats sweets like there is no tomorrow and then gives himself another insulin shot. Then lets his sugar drop too low and has to take in more carbs or sugar to raise it back again.

Please do yourself a huge favor and don't do that to yourself.