"Sugar Cut" potluck!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Deltalover, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I went out monday with Dad to my walk in spot! I been meaning to get back there and try out the "wicked sticky"! It's one of my favorite places to fish and it's just a couple of miles from my house! I have been fishing there for over 40 years and got a few spots that produce consistantly during spring, summer and fall! I have pulled dinner plate size crappie, redear, several stripers pushing 30 lbs. I have caught many cats to 10 pounds asnd have heard stories of monster cats in there all my life. It's also the favorite haunt of many pro bass anglers. Anyway, I fished with night crawlers for a while that produced 3 bass, one after another about 17 inches. I caught a dozen or so medium size panfish. I switched over to my cat rig and caught 4 nice eater channel cats, 3pounds or so, on "wicked sticky". God, I love that stuff! It's been awhile since I put a dead fish on my line, to catch a catfish, lol! I hope to go back this weekend and share my "honey hole" with my good friends and fishing buddies! I did'nt get any pics this time as my dad wondered off and had to search for him for 3 hours, but thats another story!

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,

I'm going to have to check this spot out. I want to get on some Carppie Bad!
    I'll like to try to do something this weekend. I'm going to give Bobby a call and see what's-up.
    :0a32:

I'll be getting back to you on that.

Take it easy buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

3. wildman212

wildman212 New Member

State:
    california
    My name is Andre. I would like to know of a good place to go catfishing on the delta? I live in Southern California and will be in the northern cal area in august. I usually go to area called fairfield and sui sun. I know the Delta goes through that area so a little help. You can pm me at

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Wildman! Anytime your up this way, drop me a line and i'll be glad show you some spots! Bert, you know "it's on"!

5. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    hey deltalover i live here in dublin i was wondering if you might be able to show me some spots close by since tracy is only about 25 minutes down the road.

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Wow, I just saw this post! I guess it got buried before I got a chance to read it! You are welcome to come fishing with me any time! You could have come with me this morning! I went back to "Sugar Cut" and had a pretty nice day. I caught 7 eater size channel cats and I am pretty sure I beat my personal best, which was only 10 pounds. Unfortantly I didnt have my scale with me and I was fishing alone. I only fished from about 6:30am untill noon and let me tell you it was blazing hot (over 100) when I came out from beneath the tree I was sitting under!

Attached Files:

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Hey Bert, another guy showed up right before I left and nailed a nice crappie on small minnow!:big_smile:

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,
    Now your know that I'm working on getting up to that "Honey Hole" of yours. :wink:
    :0a23:

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

9. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    AH right under a nice shady tree phil and nice cat there man.

I WANT CRAPPIE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:big_smile:

10. Mudville

Mudville New Member

anyone ever get out to OakGrove Regional Park in Stockton. I'm there at least once a week and catch everytime. now i haen't grabbed anything over 3-4 pounds but it's a nice steady catch and they are clean as can be. We go there alot due to my mo in law liking to fish and we both have lil ones with us. they have cats,bluegill,bass and trout to my knowledge. i hear some stories about some lunkers but never seeen one bigger than mine come out f there. who knows? if any of you get out there i might see ya. i'll check back to see the response.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Dude, Lets fish them canals Scott and I fished Sat. A lot of crappie and bass. The rock quarry is awesome too, but cant fish at night but I have an idea about night fishing there:roll_eyes: Lets do it!!!!!

12. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Robb, I got the information from Whistler. Thanks a bunch in advance. My son is just starting this job and the first place he gets sent is 2200 miles from home. He is a little intimidated to say the least. He was looking at a map of the area and there is a pretty big river going right by the town he is going to be working in but I don't know what river it is. It also looks like there is a State park about 15 miles away, do you know if they allow camping in a tent?

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Oh Chuck, he may not want to come back after visiting:smile2: LOL!!! He will be in the Central part here and will be less than 2 hrs away from Yosimite, pacific ocean and bout 30 min to fish. Like I mentioned to whistler, we will make his stay here enjoyable as can be being so far from home. No worries, alot of great fishing and camping is what I love to do:big_smile: He can call me any time. Daytime is my office, and he can call me on any of them numbers. I will have him over if he likes and I will fix up some viddles.

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Phil how far is it to walk in I am just wondering. Not sure if I could get my tracker in there at all.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I didnt even go all the way in this time, it was like a 10 minute walk! Not only that, but I have been talking to the owner. He let me drive in there last week when I was looking for my dad. He said it was ok as long as he knew who was on his property! A good thing to cause our Lodi spot is on lock down! I guess some scum bags been littering and taking things that dont belong to them, so owner is keeping the gate locked! Anyway, we are planning something soon and we be glad to have you with us. I'll bring my chart and we can see if we can figure a way to get your boat back there also.

16. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I practicly grew up in "Oak Grove" but have'nt fished there since a kid! We ought to hook something up there. It is a very nice place! I am all for any place thats got shade, lol!

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
  18. Mudville

Mudville New Member

yeah man i'm game for some fishing. i know it's probably a lil late notice but we're going tommorow. let me know when it's good for you and maybe we can hook up and sit in the shade like you said. there's a couple good spots there.

19. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mudville, I sent you a pm with my number. Give me a buzz in the morning. Mutt, I am pretty sure you can get to sugar cut from the "Oais" if the Barrier is down, which I think it is. In fact, I think you can get there from every launch ramp except "Mossdale" and I could be wrong about that too, only I expect it may be too shallow in parts. We have to get us a membership at the "Golden Anchor", as it is right there at the "Cut"! Give me a call tomorrow too, if you get a chance. Maybe we can plan on doing those "Keelshields". Man, I sure used a lot of "quoatation" marks:lol:
    Good Night!

20. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno

Looks like i'm going to have some time friday let me know when you get off i'll probably be off all day nothing scheduled YET