Sufix siege

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slimcat, Jan 15, 2006.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I was wondering if anybody uses sufix siege fishing line. Whats your take on it compared to a line like berkley big game. I can only find sufix up to 30lb test and would like to get it in about 40-50lb test.

2. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I have not used it yet, but I purchased some.

3. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Kendrick, what pound test did you buy?

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Demetrius,

We actually had them as a sponsor before, and gave out a ton of line from them in the past. They changed direction, and we lost them as a sponsor :conc-big:

But from the feedback I did get, when members compared it to the fishing line they currently used, feedback was good.

If I recall correctly, which I probably wont :glare: , on average 10% had negative comments, most of which centered around knot tying (Strength) capability.

I use it myself, and have no complaints. The company was originally a manufacturer for tennis racket strings, then branched off.

They have way more punch in salt-water fishing circles than freshwater.

Thanks,
    Paul

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Thanks Paul, for the info. I wonder what type of strength problems folks were having. Maybe the knot breaking? Is there any archives I can check out. I am looking for some good line that does not have the memory of Berkley Big Game. I really like big game for mono, but that stuff has some serious memory and the main reason I choose it, is due to the abrasion resistance. We fish a lot of rocks in the mississippi. I use cajun red in 40lb test for leaders and really like it but the sufix seems to be a far less memory line. I have some 30lb tangerine sufix but its just a little to small for me to use for leaders.

6. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    The Siege is geared toward the saltwater market which is good, imo, for we catfish folks. It has great abrasion resistance and very very low memory which makes it cast nicely. I have not used it myself so my post is based on comments from people that have tested it. I've also heard positive reports on knot strength.

I personally use the Sufix Tritanium Plus on my surf tackle. It's hard to switch when you're happy with what you've got :rolleyes:

/Scott

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Scott,

Good point(s). The main reasons cited by the majority of members who had issues with knots, was knot slippage.

But since it was such a small margin of total people that responded, you could chalk it up to lack of experience in knot preparation.

Paul

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Good point Paul, the 30lb seems really nice, I need to order some in 50lb and give it a try.

9. Barillms

Barillms New Member

State:
    Steubenville OH
    Seige only comes in 30lb is the heaviest available. And its actually hard to find, most places carry 20lb but not 30lb. A website called Johnnys Pond carries the 30lb Neon Tangerine.

10. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I use 17 pound on my 5000 abu reels and haven't had any problems with it. I been using it for a few years now.