Suffix fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by C Hill, Jun 12, 2007.

1. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    has anyone tried suffix line?

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I use suffix supreme and i love it . 20 lb test

3. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    Is that a mono?

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yes its a high vision yellowish green momo.

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i went out on a limb and tried suffix elite.... 6lb test for my ultra lite...

OMG i LOVE THIS STUFF i can cast twice as far when i use my ultra lite lures... which weigh next to nothing

i HIGHLY recommend it

its great stuff at a great price!!!

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    wont go fishing for the big ones without my suffix

i use 65 lb. suffix braided and love it...

the suffix braided has sort of a polymer coating on it which makes it sorta of feel like mono

it casts like a rocket...superior knot holding power and if i get hung up it never breaks at the braided line....

i do use a 50 mono. leader with my c-rigs...and thats the weak point of my rigs...that way I keep my barrel swivel and no roll weight...

hope this helps....:big_smile:

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Just bought some Suffix Siege about 2 weeks ago. So far it seems to be pretty good to early to tell for sure. Mine was 14lb test smoked color sorta of a real light gray color. I usually stick with what I know when it comes to line but decided to give it a try. Initially impressed but only time will tell havent landed anything big or havent had long enough to see how it holds up to the elements. :wink:

8. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i use 20 lb sufix superior and its awesome itsthe only mono i use . my other ones are triple fish perlon line

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    We had Suffix Fishing Line as a sponsor on the BOC for roughly a year, approx 3 years ago.

In that year we gave away 2-3 crates of line and leader, of all types and sizes.

I would guess on memory alone, I only received 2 negative complaints about the line, "It revolved around line memory".

The company actually used the same technology from their tennis racket division when starting out, and adopted it.

The line is very popular with Salt water fishermen, and has been growing in catfishing circles ever since.

The biggest benefits I get feedback on is their leader.

10. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I use suffix seige #25 on my channel cat set up 7ft. ugly cat and penn 9 , this is a superior line for shure , i have also used tritanium . If your looking to try something new try it you will like it.

11. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I use 30# Suffix on my spinning reels when catfishing. It is thin and casts well. I have not had a problem with memory.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive used the Sufix Tritanium Plus 25lb mono, less memory than the other Sufix lines and just as strong.

13. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Bought a bulk spool of Sufix past winter and spooled one reel with it and after using it for two trips found no problems with it.
    Jake

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I make my leaders out of 50# and 80# Sufix Leader Line. It is some strong stuff!!!

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    In the latest edition of SPORT FISHING magazine is the most comprehensive test of fishing lines and knots I have ever read.They tested mono and braids.ALL lines were 20lb test and the straight line pull ACTUAL breaking strenght is very interesting particualrly comparing braids to mono.Very informative article and I have cut it out and keep it for future reference.Good knot breaking test also.WOrth the cost of the magazine.:smile2:

16. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I got a pack of the 80# leader material from DH last year and I love the stuff. I'm going to be bummed when I finally run out. Since using that stuff, I've looked for Suffix mono in 30# and can't find it anywhere.

17. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    I like Suffix Elite in 17 lb. for my lake/pond channel cat rigs. (Abu 6500's and UglyStick Catfish rods) I like it better than the Berkley Big Game line I was using for a couple years. Big Game is not a bad line by any means. The Suffix seems thinner for it's test and it seems to handle a bit better with very little memory. It casts and knots very well. It seems likea very tough line around the rocks and stumps too. It's good line for the $$.

18. finnor

finnor New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i use 20lb on my fin nor spinner,no problems,cast great

19. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I am looking to try Suffix braid. I hear it is really tough. :big_smile:

20. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Greg, I've used the 80# suffix braid on my jug lines and it has held up very well. Definitely worth giving it a try!!!:cool2: