Suffix fishing line - Does anyone use it

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by master_cat, May 28, 2006.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    suffix line do yall like it or dislike it

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I like it a lot! But Berkley Big Game is my all time favorite.:smile2:

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have tried 4lb,6lb, 10lb in clear.
    14lb,17lb in orange.
    Took it off and burned it. :angry:
    Went back to stren original and yellow flourescent.:big_smile:

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I just bought 300 yds. of 65lb. suffix (braided) from dicks sporting goods...the lady there said they cant keep it in stock.

I never used it but it looks like good line...

I will be fishing all this weekend and will report on it monday

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I use Sufix Tritanium Plus and Sufix Seige, in 20, 25, and 30lb. I have found them to be one of the toughest, longest lasting mono lines I have ever used. Outstanding abrasion resistance, low memory, and very good knot strength. Also they seem to have better uv protection than any other mono line I've used.

6. CarolinaCatter

CarolinaCatter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think it back lashes more that Stren for some reason. I have always been a Stren man, I tried Suffix. I was very dissapointed. Did not work well on my baitcasters.

7. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I had suffix 12lb line on a meduim duty rod for channel catfish last year it was one of the bests line if not the best I ever used. Stuff casted great!! I remeber I would catch a fish but my line would have atleast 20 nicks in but it held up, just cut that piece off and re-tie. I have some suffix 80lb and 50lb leader stuff is like a logging chain!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

I hate stren way to much stretch feel like I could play the banjo with it

Josh

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Fishing line report:

I loved it!!! The braided I use was 65lbs. The line appears to have a polymer coating, cast nice and smooth, no memory and no stretch whatsoever it almost feels like mono......

I got some massive tangles while drifting with my partners and more often than not we were able to untangle it...never been able to do that with mono...

I got 300 yds. of 65 lbs from Dicks Sporting Goods for about $34.00...

I am using an open face reel (spin cast)

9. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I can't get past their TV marketing campaign and pitch man. Every TV commercial is "over-the-top" with "awesome, incredible, you won't believe.." If it is so darn good, why are you trying sooooo hard to convince me? Many others have an earned their reputation for quality. When an opportunity arises that I can try it for free I'd be open-minded to it, just not on my dime.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

couldn't have put it better. I agree and wuld add if you fish saltwater it works great there also.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Ooooooo. but Bill Dance pushes suffix line.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use the same as Griz, ( Sufix Titranium Plus ). This is far the best line I have used so far. I also use P-Line which is very good mono.

13. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have used the 20 lb mono and did not like it: too much memory. Maybe I got a bad spool, but I wouldn't buy it again. If I was going to buy a premium line, I would go with P-line. I have had better luck with it. Most of the time, I use big game, which I have never had a problem with.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I do like it. Just wish I could get a 1/4 lb pound spool without ordering it online.