SUCKERS

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by hear_kitty, Mar 11, 2008.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Sparky when is the annual Sucker run day you seam to have the inside track! Meet you there or maybe we can make an outing of it!

2. big_fish

big_fish New Member

State:
    michigan
    Anyone know if the suckers have started up the saginaw river yet.

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    As of right now, I'm going up on the 27th of March. I have not heard if the river is open yet, cause I just got back from Mississippi. But, if history repeats it self, the suckers should be at Omer.
    Sparky

4. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    That brings back some good memories of going to the rifle river many moons ago,is a peice of green sponge still a killer on the river for you guys?
    Well I hope ya have a blast and eat a bunch of smoked sucker for me if you would please,that stuff is great!!We always went april fools day it just seemed like the right day to something stupid like catch suckers and fall on your azzz in the mud.

5. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Ya, sponge, rubber salmon egg, piece of yarn, anything to make you legal I guess. We always tried to get there the thursday before they dropped the nets. That date always seemed to work for us. I'm trying to find out what shape the river is in. Anyone have any info.
    Sparky

6. big_fish

big_fish New Member

State:
    michigan
    This snow and colder temps keep pushing the suckers back. Monday morning it was 5 degrees here.

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I hear what you're saying man. My trip might be postponed for a few days. I'll wait and see what I hear from the folks up at Omer. I guess I could stop at Standish and go to the Wig Wam! You never know, bad luck at the fishing hole, might bring good luck to the Tee Pee.

8. big_fish

big_fish New Member

State:
    michigan
    I saw a report on another site for the rifle river still lots of ice even had pictures taken by the campground.