Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparky when is the annual Sucker run day you seam to have the inside track! Meet you there or maybe we can make an outing of it!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sparky when is the annual Sucker run day you seam to have the inside track! Meet you there or maybe we can make an outing of it!
As of right now, I'm going up on the 27th of March. I have not heard if the river is open yet, cause I just got back from Mississippi. But, if history repeats it self, the suckers should be at Omer.
Sparky

·
Registered
174 Posts
That brings back some good memories of going to the rifle river many moons ago,is a peice of green sponge still a killer on the river for you guys?
Well I hope ya have a blast and eat a bunch of smoked sucker for me if you would please,that stuff is great!!We always went april fools day it just seemed like the right day to something stupid like catch suckers and fall on your azzz in the mud.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That brings back some good memories of going to the rifle river many moons ago,is a peice of green sponge still a killer on the river for you guys?
Well I hope ya have a blast and eat a bunch of smoked sucker for me if you would please,that stuff is great!!We always went april fools day it just seemed like the right day to something stupid like catch suckers and fall on your azzz in the mud.
Ya, sponge, rubber salmon egg, piece of yarn, anything to make you legal I guess. We always tried to get there the thursday before they dropped the nets. That date always seemed to work for us. I'm trying to find out what shape the river is in. Anyone have any info.
Sparky

·
Registered
539 Posts
This snow and colder temps keep pushing the suckers back. Monday morning it was 5 degrees here.
I hear what you're saying man. My trip might be postponed for a few days. I'll wait and see what I hear from the folks up at Omer. I guess I could stop at Standish and go to the Wig Wam! You never know, bad luck at the fishing hole, might bring good luck to the Tee Pee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.