Suckers and chubs

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bigmaac73, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Not sure if there are even any suckers and chubs here in the FL panhandle, but if there were, where would I go about getting them? cast nets have produced mainly shiners here, so that will probably be my primary baitfish. Don't even know how to catch suckers or chubs.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've caught alot of chubs on a small piece of worm, with a bobber in small, clear spring fed creeks. I think that chubs, and suckers both like fresh clear water.

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have caught few chubs on worm while fishing for panfish, and I caught 5pound sucker on worm while fishing for catfish. Sucker feed on the bottom.

4. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    In the sommer month's I use a small jig like a gentz worm the kind you use for ice fishin under a slip bobber with a Berkly Gulp magget. Any small piece of bait will work. I just let it drift along the faster water, in the fall they move to the slower water and dont bite as well but you can still get them untel it freezes up. Any small Crappie will work, make sure you cut the tail short or better yet no tail at all.