Sucker Minnows

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by jross1901, Nov 28, 2007.

1. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    I was wandering if anyone knows where i can purchase large sucker minnows in central IL. i'm planning on keeping a large bait tank for next spring/summer and would like to have suckers year 'round.

any info helps. i'd prefer to order them, but don't know if that an option.

thanks and good fishing

-jim ross

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not sure where your at, and also not sure if they have the suckers, but Pana Bait or catfish connection (same place) is where I get my crappie and walleye minnows you can buy by the dozen or the pound(s) what ever you need they will fix ya up, not sure on the delivering on them tho you would have to call them or check at ..................com or call them probably be your best bet on that, I don't think the catfish web page will show the live bait they have but you can call them on it
    CatfishConnectionP.O. BOX 476PANA, IL 62557Phone: 800-929-5025
    Hope this helps ya!

3. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:Do it every year and it dont cost a dime.Go and take a small bluegill hook and squese the barb down or grind it off,get some wax worms and split shot wieght.Then when it is to cold to fish this spring head to the local creek,we put them in a cooler full of water till i get them in the tank.You can catch them all day.Pana will have them early but they are one dollar each or a little less and bait shops the same price,this is for nice 4 to 6 inh suckers. Use a ariator with two hoses it works better and dont feed them for two days after you first catch them then use goldfish food.Good Luck John(OleBullhead)Hagen

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    If you have a creek nearby, try using a minnow trap that's how I get mine then I put them in my tank until I'm read to use them.

5. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    i believe they used to have them at spring hill bait and tackle in Macomb Illinois. If your close to them maybe you could check that out......

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Jim, have ya found a place yet?