Successful wedding:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Aug 12, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, Sheila's son Johnny, and his girlfriend Courtney got hitched yesterday. It was outdoors, and HOT, but it was a real nice wedding, and one heck of a reception. Sheila cooked a huge breakfast for everybody before the rehearsal, and after the wedding there was a whole hog supper. The reception was a beer fest. Started out with 2 kegs, but ended up with 4 or 5, can't remember.:eek:oooh:I tried to get alot of photos, but since the camera is screwed up, I didn't get many. I did get a few good pics of Wyatt (Johnny's son), and the hog that we ate. Man that was good eats!!! We ate it all too.

As you can see, Wyatt's shirt is an airbrushed tux on a t-shirt. That's how all the guys in the wedding parties shirts were done, paired with black shorts. The whole wedding party was barefoot, and the bride's dress was Johndeer green, as that was the theme of the wedding. I sure wish I had got more photos. Especially the pics of Wyatt being brought up front by another child in a wagon pulled behing a peddle powered Johndeer.

Anyways, we had tons of fun. Here's the pics that I managed to get.

Attached Files:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope they had plenty of hot sauce for that pig.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Matt: How did you cook your pig- spit?, buried?, large oven?, blow torch? Congrats. A wedding I went to this summer they brought the bridesmaids out on the manure bucket of a John Deere.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Talk about a load of crap...:smile2:

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    The pig was slow roasted by an outfit called Jennings Smokehouse. I have to say, that was some of the best pork I've ever eaten. Wish I had a plate of it to eat today.:roll_eyes:I have no idea how much it cost, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but it sure was good, and nobody had to mess with it other than carving it up.:tounge_out:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, if you've never been there, this is how they cook em in Hawaii at a Luau. They bury the covered pig in the sand with hot coals.
    In the picture they have just uncovered it, getting ready to haul it to the table. Makes for some very yummy eating.:wink:

Matt, sounds like a great wedding! Neat pictures, will look forward to more!

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanks for sharing. I don't usually enjoy weddings, but sounds like I would of been right at home at that one. The kid is too cute! Love the tux.
    :roll_eyes:

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I would like to see the Johndeere green dress and some of that pig.

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Unfortunantly, none of my pics of the wedding party turned out.:sad2:The LCD on my camera went out, so I can't access the menu. What happened was the memory card was full, and I didn't know it. I had to delete them all one by one this morning. Sux!!! I need a new camera badly. If someone Emails us some photos, I'll post some of the bride and groom, but we are still waiting on pics from Wyatt's first birthday party, so I'm not holding my breath.

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jeb: You should have seen the Bride To Be!

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It was a great wedding. Everything went better than expected as far as the wedding itself, the actual reception was great also, but that after party had some downfalls. Can't have that much alcohol without something bad happining. Luckily it was just a couple of fights and no one got in trouble, until I find them.:wink: Had several sober drivers to get people home and to my knowledge there was no accidents or DWI's.

I will get some photos from my ex-mother-in-law sometime this week and we will post them if we can. I hope she got pictures of the grandbaby in the wagon.

Ask Matt who caught the garter!:smile2:

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i think ihave an idea who caught it lol congrats to your new family memeber and congrats to your son im sure they will be happy together! :big_smile:

13. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    looks like it was a great wedding and party. and a beer fest to wash all the good tastin hog down too cool!

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That Child is ADORABLE!! You are right a pig being roasted in the ground(which is something I really wish I knew how to do) is moist and tender and it's big time YUMMY! Thanks Brother for sharing!! How Unique to have a Bride dressed in John Deere Green!! Reps to ya Brother for sharing a story or an event that you attended that sounds to me was a wonderful thing!! Please give the new Mr and Mrs my Blessings and wishes for a long life together filled with tons of happiness.~~~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile: