Success finally

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    As I said I'm new on here. I've been fishing for cats in the Blanco for the last few months with very little success. I did get one on a fly while fly fishing for smallys once.
    I joined here and did a few hours of research and went out to the river.
    I was planning on fishing the day light hours and paddling in to a feeder I set up for pigs and trying to get one after dark. Heres my set up while I was loading up for all the activitys.
    DSCN0833.jpg

So I get the feeder baited and head for the big river.
    DSCN0845.jpg

I count resist giving some bass a hard time in the creek. Heres a few.
    DSCN0838.jpg

[​IMG]

I get to the river and see lots of small channel cats roaming but I needed bait so I sat in the mouth of the river and caught small perch with my fly rod.

[​IMG]

I ended up catching 4 really nice channel cats. The biggest one was 16 inches. I only kept one cause I wasn't sure how they would taste. I head in with a half an hour of light. The pigs were all ready at the feeder so I took a tough shot with my bow and missed. I headed in and cleaned my fish at home. I never cleaned a catfish before but managed. The fish had some nice filets..clean no dirty blood lines. He ate well. I'll be back and next time keep a few more. YUMMY!

[​IMG]

2. ouachita

ouachita New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like you had a fun trip! Were the feral hogs? Do you carry anything with some more punch besides the bow in case they decide to make a meal out of you?:crazy:

3. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Looks like the were good eating as well congrats on the channel and hopefully you will continue to have success.

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments"

4. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    The bow does the job but if they decided to charge they have to get me in my boat. Sometimes when I'm not sure about my shot I'll take a shotgun and buck shot with me on the blood trail.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great story. Welcome to the boc and I look forward to future post. I know that you will be all about the catfish now

6. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome Frank,
    As you've already have found out this place is amazing, I've been here for a while already and still keep learning things. You have some nice pics, good luck with future trips.

Rubes

7. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Been trying to figure out how to do this for a few weeks now.... Think I'll steal your idea since I will be hunting next to a lake!!!:big_smile::crazy::big_smile::crazy: