Sturgeon

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Romo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Romo

Romo New Member

State:
    PA
    Anyone caught one while fishing the delaware?

2. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Why....did you?
    Linz

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It is illegal to target sturgeon. They are endangered and protected.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Can't help it if they take the bait. Got one over my many years. I gotta dig up the pic.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I always heard they where in there but thought it was another fisherman story...... I have seen strange long shadows before in the water.... so nothing will surprise me at this point.....

6. Romo

Romo New Member

State:
    PA
    i just love a good fish story and mentioning sturgeon in the big D always seems to conjure up a few good ones

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Oh you are so right about that but if George says he caught one he probably did...... Could you imagine though if you did hook up with one... Especially with one of my lighter outfits that I tend to use more frequently..................

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    My pop has a friend who is a diver that inspects piers down on the Philly waterfront. He once told us that something big bumped him while he was in the water down there, and he nearly crapped in his wet suit. Thinking it was a shark,he truly believed it was a sturgeon. I think there might be a few around here.:crazy:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good to see ya back sir. Hope all is as wellas it can be. That story is older than me. LOL! Heard the same one when i was a weeee ladd. LOL! Make sure ya pass it on to your boys. LOL!

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
  11. rgmatt

rgmatt New Member

State:
    Delaware River,Pa
    I honestly believe there are more in the river then most think. I've heard lots of stories about them ,some reliable some not so much. I posted my experience w/ a few in katfshn50's thread. An oldtimer my old man knew showed me a pic of one he caught years ago. The shad netters get them in their nets from time to time also.

Anyone catching bowfins? been hearing reports of them for the last 3 years or so but have only seen a picture of one that was taken from the D.

I grew up on and still reside near the river, and it never stops amazing me. Just when you think you've seen it all, a whale, seal, sturgeon, bowfin, bald eagles and who knows what else shows up. Gotta love it!

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was shocked once when I caught a large mouth bass in the Delaware a few years back. I didn't think a Large mouth bass could survive in that water...lol..

13. Fellman

Fellman New Member

State:
    Philly MYK

After all these years (I'm only 27) I finally caught a LargeMouth while fishing the skuke below flatrock. Caught him on a wacky riged senko. Out of all the times me, family, and friends been out there I finally got one.

14. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    They're are plenty of LM bass above Fairmount Dam, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.:cool2:

15. Fellman

Fellman New Member

State:
    Philly MYK
    did see a couple going though the ladder in the spring.

16. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Don't feel bad I only have two or three under my belt. One came when I was in Florida a few years back in a small pond. Some one told me about two months ago they dumped some LMB in the Delaware.

17. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Hey Angel I'll put you on some when the weather gets warm again.:wink:

Attached Files:

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That sounds like a plan PhillyCat I am looking forward to it.....Nice fish by the way Thanks.....

19. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I have heard of people catching Bluefish in the river near Wilmington,De.

20. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan

Now that would be some fun.