Sturgeon Fever Finale This Saturday!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by full moon, Mar 31, 2009.

1. full moon

full moon Guest

Okay, friends.

Hide your women. Hide your children. This is the Run for the Big One at the Sacramento this Saturday. Fifi will be very pregnant and very hungry this Saturday. The adrenaline rush will kick in with the taking of the pile worm as line drains from your reel at a very high rate of speed. Fasten your seat belt and wear a Protective Safety Belt, compliments of Full Moon. Be ready for a serious Run, because run they will do faster than a 180 Outboard Motor at full throttle, sport.

Heroes of the Saturday Fifi Liberation Movement:

King James, Pistol Pete, Full Moon, Jeff, Casey, and Others To Be Named Later. Two vehicles will travel on this epic journey.

Do not be afraid to go...you will later become Famous for having done so. People who you have never met will later approach you publicly at the BOC tournament in April. They will walk up to you and say " there's What's His Name. He caught a sturgeon larger than my son....you will thank me for this later.

Anthony

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck you guys. Hope to see pictures:wink:

3. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I am doing my best to work it out so I can go. I can't find anybody, so far, that is willing to go. I will keep in touch and let you know what is going on. I really want to go. My son has a tournament this weekend in Selma, but I think I can have my sister take him since it's close. Will post later.

Sean!

4. full moon

full moon Guest

Jeff and Casey are not going to make it. Pistol Pete is in and maybe grasshopper. Don't worry about finding someone. I suspect someone will jump in for gas money/bait!

Anthony

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I hope you guys nail em Sat. You guys going to the same spot?

6. full moon

full moon Guest

The new spot is about 5 to 8 miles closer to home along the same bank. We park our car and walk 3 to 5 minutes to spot. Great sandy beach and shelter from wind. A 12 ounce weight will work here!

Anthony

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What happened to the original spot? Any Dino's taken out this spot?

8. full moon

full moon Guest

Three big take downs...no dinos.
    One large striper and one large cat.

I have a good feeling about this shot.
    Pistol Pete and Grasshopper never get it wrong! LOL!

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Good luck on the trip "fullmoon"..... wish we had some water closer to home....Think I might go south to see "Tofish" next week.

Bayrunner Ray

10. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Well, fellaz I'm off work and feeling good about the weekend. Gonna run to Selma and get my son registered for his wrestling tournament and then headed to the house to get packed for the final sturgeon run of the year. Never been fishing for the dino's before, but I think we have a good shot. What a rush that must be to have one of those monsters at the other end of the line. We're heading out to Sac about 8:00am and will fish until I can't fish anymore. All goes well there will be a nice post come Mon or Tues. I better get going. TIGHT LINEZ FELLAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck you guys. Should be good weather and less current. Hope to hear an awesome report. Hope you take pictures. I am going out to the slough Sunday to scout the fish:wink:

12. full moon

full moon Guest

Perhaps it was an omen of sorts. We fished where we should not have fished and got skunked. Grasshopper's cousin has an over sized sturgeon ON AND RUNNING AWAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. However, when the bell on the tip of the pole got tangled with the line. the thing got away. I had one take down early in the evening but missed it. Sean and Rudy had action, too, but couldn't set the hook just right. It seemed to us the smaller striper bite was on and in full force yesterday.....

Some road news on the proud highway coming home....I bumped into a nice farmer and he told me he was private properly on the Sacramento River near the airport. Jesus, I muttered to myself. Could this be Road 22? Good babbling mother of God...if it is, tight lines my friends ..if he calls back. I made him an offer I thought he could not refuse...But I have done this drill many times with new people in high rent gas pumps with with mixed results...stay tuned for possible update on this...MEOW!!!!!
    It may cost us $10 a car load...but what the pile worm?

So hear it is, in a nutshell. No more shack...instead possible closer private property spot 30 miles closer to home base!

Anthony

13. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    We got skunked, but I learned how to fish for sturgeon so I didn't walk away with nothing. It was a different kind of fishing and I can't wait to get back and try it again. We had a few bites, but few and far between. I stayed up and manned the poles until about 5:30am. Had one good takedown about 2:00am and that was it. When we first got there my pole started jumpin and I set the hook and had it for a second, but I made a couple rookie mistakes and lost it. Could have been a dino or striper. All in all I had a good time. We ate good, had a few beers and laughs, and fished. Don't get better than that. We'll get em next time fellaz.

Sean!

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Sean,
    "Everyone here at the B.O.C." has been though the same thing, and became better fishermen (or women) because of times just like that one. The main thing is that you guys had good time & were playing it safe in doing so, and just think - the next time that you do that type of fishing - you will be one step ahead of the game.
    :wink:

:0a23: