Stupid,Stupid Move!!

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by MRR, Jan 13, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    What in the world is the Cardinals trying to do lose all thier best fans. Trading Scott Rolon wasn't smart .I know him and Larussa couldn't get along. Hope fully The one they got to take his place will pan out.Sure hated to see him go.Who's next Sir Albert.He goes I guess I''l have to start pulling for the
    CUB'S :sad2: Not!! don't think so.
    I guess from what I have heard Rolon wanted out-probably cause of the conflict between him and La Russia. Oh well guess that business.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I actually agree with trading Rolen. He has had a history of injuries and I'm afraid the rift between he and LaRussa is unmendable. I would rather the Cards focus on obtaining QUALITY starting pitchers, rather than throwing a bunch of long relief/setup guys together and calling it a starting rotation. I don't see the Cards getting rid of Pujols. They would lose a ton of fans and lose the backbone of the team.

I honestly believe the Cards could be really good in 2-3 years if they add some good, young pitchers and another solid outfielder. Time will tell.........

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'm with Aaron. Scotty was not producing when Tony benched him. If there is dissension there will never be a "team". Scott has been injured now for what, 2 seasons? When healthy, he is the best third baseman (defense) that I have seen in a long long time. I would have liked to have kept David Eckstein too, but ..... We also need to address center field as our gold glover Jimmy is getting old too.

The 3rd baseman from Toronto is supposed to give us 40-50 HR's a year too so maybe the trade isn't too bad.

With all the firepower, maybe they can keep up with the lack of pitching.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I'll have to agree in all aspects of your statement. One big problem is WHO IS GONNA BE OUR CENTER FIELDER.Won't be Edmond,he went to Calif.,but I never heard who they got. Does anyone know. Until the Birds get some pitchers it's gonna be a hit /miss season.WE NEED PITCHERS (BAD)!!JMHO

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If you look at the Cardinal depth chart,they have Ankiel listed in Centerfield. I agree with you on the pitching. If we don't get some quality pitchers it isn't going to make much difference who is in centerfield or any other position for that matter.

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ARRRGGHH! :crazy: What the !@%$.:angry: C'mon Tony!:confused2: Who's next, Puhols or Malina?:sad2:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, think about it. rolen had a great playoff in '06, but what has he done for us lately? he is unmistakenly the greatest defensive 3rd baseman in the league. but, glaus is obviously the better candidate for the job at the plate. its time for a drastic change here in st. louis and i have a feeling you are gonna see some great production at the plate from guys like Ankiel, Duncan, Ludwig and schumaker. but i tell you what. two things HAVE TO HAPPEN next year to have hope. mark Mulder has to come back healthy and Anthony Reyes has to get his head on straight!

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Anthony Reyes has to get his head on straight!

Reyes has to get a look about him that will intimidate the batters! First thing he needs to do is learn how to wear a baseball cap. That flat ironed bill cap is not going to intimidate anyone. He needs to put a roll in the bill of his cap and pull his pants legs down. Then he needs to go out there with about a 2 days growth of whiskers,and become more aggressive. He has good stuff,but he just acts like he's out there more for show than anything else. He can't be afraid to move the batters off of the plate once in awhile,and let them know he's not going to allow them to hang out over the plate on him. If he doesn't start doing something positive soon he is going to be gone out of St.Louis. If it comes down to trading him,I hope they trade him to the American League so he can't come back to haunt us. He is a good pitcher,he's just got to get more aggressive and intimidating. The Cardinals need to have Gibby work with him in spring training,and teach him how to intimidate the batters!!

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    and two words i dont think cards fans say enough are colby rasmus. we have one of the top 5 prospects in baseball about to crack the majors.