Stupid school rules

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by paleocaver, Aug 17, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    My 6-year old son ate luch (and drank a milk) then goes out and gets too hot on the playground and throws up. We have to go get him, school rules. Then they say he has to stay out tomorrow - school rules say he must be out for 24 hours after such an incident. Unbelieveable. Wife has him and he says other than his stomach hurting a bit (probably from throwing up), he's fine.

I know the rules like this are in place to protect other kids from contageous bugs, but we don't know that's what it is. Here's hoping it was just the heat and milk rather than a stomach virus.

Bet he and I end up fishing in the morning. Oh well, that wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?

scott

2. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    we had a similar problem. my son (a kindergardner) had a runny nose and mucous ran down his throat causing him to cough and gag.instead of having him blow his nose the school sent him home. this happened on several occasions. also not affecting my son but still a stupid school rule at the high school it is not allowed for boys to wear boots or sandals of any type. girls can wear any type of shoes they want. just unfair in my opinion.

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Let me get this straight...
    Boys can't wear boots...

That's unAmerican! They would have had to kick me out of the school. I've been wearing boots for most of my life. I am curious what their reasoning is for that one.

Easy way to stop that one though. Sexual discrimination. Unfortunately, chances are they would just take that option from the girls too.

I know that most of the schools I went to didn't allow sandals (or shorts) at school for anyone. No one was "allowed" to have a knife either, but no one said anything at all about it.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    How about a kindergartner getting written up for "ACTS OF VIOLENCE" because he stuck his tongue out at a teacher or for teasing a little girl by singing the old rhyme about a boy and a girl sitting in a tree K I S S I N G.....

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

What NO BOOTS, my school would have been empty. I don't remember anyone wearing tennis shoes except for basketball and track other than that it was all boots roper style, Justin brand, Black (for dress wear)are brown (for everyday)

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I know I'm older than most who has posted in this thread...however, times have changed. When I was in High School, I carried either a .12 guage or a .22 rifle to school with me every day. Kept them in my wall locker. Hunted before class and after class. Teachers knew they were there. Principal knew they were there. Superintendent also knew the guns were in my locker...but all three would have a fit because I wore my Dale Robertson (Tales of Wells Fargo) hat in the hallways. But in them days, you could half waytrust kids...guess you can't now.

I guess it was my generation who sued the schools and messed everything up. Wish it had been me, as I could have used the money. lOL

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    some of these schools are getting a bit carried away with their rules. no boots? well ok... a kid could hide a knife in his boots.... Here in montgomery, some of the public schools have switched to uniforms. I guess it avouds gang colors being displayed. I think it is really a disgusting state of affairs that things have come to this. This is what happens when the parents arent involved with the schools, or worse don't give a $h!t about their kids. This is what they get for taking God out of schools. Yet another reason for me to homeschool Brianna & Christina....
    Lisa

8. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I say the school was overreacting, since it was most likely the milk and heat. You can't put something heavy like that on a kid's stomach and then put them out in the summer heat and not expect them to feel sick or throw up.
    But at my middle school, it was the opposite. You had to pretty much be dying, or throw up in the nurse's face wirh a 103 degree fever before you were sent home. But you still needed a note to say why you left school early, and bring it in the next day, or you were truent. That drove me nuts...

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, well we got to wear up-tight prep looking uniforms this year and I go to public school too!:crazy:

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I'm with you, Lisa. We've been home schooling our son now for 7 years. Wouldn't have it any other way.

11. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    Yuck, sorry about that, lol
    I go to a public high school, and we almost went to uniforms, but that didn't go over well..lol, but we do have a strict dress code

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    lol, Yeah I go to a public High School, and I don't know why they are really doing this. Everyone is really mad about it though, it's going to be a amusing first day of school....lol:roll_eyes:

13. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    haha, yeah, I'd be mad about it..at my elementary school we had uniforms, and that didn't make a difference in the way we acted or treated people. Are they doing it to prevent "clique problems"?

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, they said to help with Cliques and "Gang Problems" or something, they are just going to make it worse though....lol

15. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    sounds like a whole lotta grief over a little upset stomach, wish it was like that at work I could sure get a lot more fishing in!!:roll_eyes:

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If I had it to do over again I would home school :big_smile:

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I wished that worked for adults, I would get sick alot more. LMAO

18. countrygirl0569

State:
    Kentucky
    I know what you mean, It doesn't make a difference, lol, if I don't like someone, their clothes are the last thing on my mind, and I'm not going to judge someone just by the clothes they wear. Most in my school don't either. Sorry you got stuck with em lol

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    lol, That is the same exact thing I've been saying, now if the people that make the rules at my school would start feeling the same way.lol. I know everyone I've talked to so far was mad about it, and even thier parents were upset. They are making us buy our own uniforms, we look like a bunch of business men and women, lol. And they are even making the small kids wear the same thing, pre-k thru 12th grade! Ohhh...this is going to be a rough year of school. LOL.

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Having gone to a small school most of the guys had a pocket knife on them. Most had guns in there pick ups hanging in the gun racks. If we had a head ache we went to our locker and got a asprin. We dressed to match our personalitys.
    No one rolled us for our redwing boots either!
    Bill