Stupid Question about the Kansas River....

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Jul 17, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

Wichita Kansas
    Hey you guys from up there around the river. Are there any campgrounds along the river for RV campers? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but with the whole family going camping every weekend, including 10 month old daughter, it is just more conveniant to pull the travel trailer to camp. I have always wanted to fish one of the bigger rivers, but have no clue where to go. I thought if there were any campgrounds along the river, that may be a good place to start. Also any leads on public access areas would be greatly appreciated.

2. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

Osage City, KS
    There are no developed camping sites anywhere along the Kaw. I even went to the Friends of the Kaw website and checked.

Friends of the Kaw is a good place for information on present and future access to the Kaw.

Some of the boat ramps have enough parking area to pull a camper in but none of them have running water, electricity or sewer. I'm not even certain you wouldn't be run off by the local gendarmes or KDWP.

Lawrence has a KOA camp within a mile of the Kaw but that's probably as close as you'll get.

3. carson

carson New Member

this might be late but theirs a campground in bonner springs 170 to 7h south obout 1 mile on left. from there you can go 1mile south on 7 to k32 go east or left allalong there is the river BUT if you go 3miles on 32 east you can reach a boat access. to the kaw