Stupid people

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by litltman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    good day to you all. it must be true that the Lord looks out for stupid people. as it turns out I only broke my pointing finger with the hammer.in the knuckle. swelling has gone down and everything removed. it sure is touchy.hope to be back fishing and playing lead guitar shortly. thanks to all of you for the kind posts and replies. the BOC rocks :smile2: feeling much better. proud to be one of you. have a blesses day

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ouch!!! I've broken every one of my fingers at least once. two weeks ago I cut my ring finger with a hatchet and it still hasn't healed. I know the pain. Several years ago I broke two fingers in a fishing accident (don't ask) so I took up Slide Guitar. Good luck with your recovery!

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Glad to hear that you both are healing.Sounds like you both need my fingers as I can not feel them much of the time.Willie!What is it that you don;t like about your fingers.It sounds like you don;t want them.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    your right buddy. let us know when you start playing again.:cool2:

tight lines

5. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Let me tell ya'll that I can't drive a nail stright so I have no business with the business end of a hammer but I did learn years ago how not to hit my fingers with a hammer..................

HOLD IT WITH BOTH HANDS !!:big_smile:

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Man I know how that feels, I broke my thumb twice building my home, guess I can't nail straight either.

7. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Peewee, I love my fingers but with more then 20 years in meat processing plants and another 20 in various industrial maintenance jobs, it takes it's toll. Until a few years ago, the motto on my jobs was, Hurry, Hurry, Hurry. That leads to accidents. I'm one of the lucky ones though. I've seen my co-workers lose fingers, hands, arms, legs, toes, teeth, eyes, and their lives. When you work on dangerous machines that weigh tons, sometimes $#it happens!

8. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    For a minute there I thought that you was going to talk about me again, wishing you a speedy recovery. Having used a hammer in some form or fashion for the last 30 years or so, I have my share of stories. And you never really realize how much you bump that finger till its sore.

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I do understand.I was required to be a certified HAZ-MAT tech.to do my job as a Shift Utility Mechanic in a chemical plant.Being I had to wear gloves to keep my flesh on the bones,I have the hands of a newborn instead of a mechanic after 40 years.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

10. Krieger

Krieger New Member

State:
    IL
    Hey litltman that suck's about you hand! But you said that you played guitar witch is really cool because i play the drums in a band. What kida music do you like to play?

11. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    krieger. thanks for asking.I play lead in a southern country gospel band. I started in the bars and clubs years ago. so I have played all kinds. before the lord saved me I was in to the blues. now I am hooked on gospel. we have a cd out. it is not the professional studio sound. we bought a burner and made our own. we sell them just to help with the gas or strings and things like that. the blues were cool. however, there is nothing else like playing in church and someone coming to the alter and getting saved while we are playing.it lets me know that god is pleased with what kind of music I play. whatever kind of music you play I hope you enjoy and have a good time at it. by the way I play a fender strat. I hope that I have not its just that when I get a chance, I like to witness for Jesus. have a blessed day.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve this is a great post. I could feel the senserity in your comment. My grandson plays Gospel Music with a group Called The Pickin Pennies. He plays lead guitar and he also plays a Fender Strat. Thanks for Sharing your feelings.

13. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I play the Blues. Some call it the devils music!

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sorry about the finger I too have my share :big_smile:

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve you and Billie need to watch each others back..... I mean fingers
    best wishes to both of ya get healed up spring aint far off

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like you all need to keep your hands in your pockets for awhile.
    Hope you both heal quickly. GOD BLESS and STAY SAFE!!

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Nothing wrong with playing both, Gospel and the blues.

Hope y'all heal up soon.

Take care.
    Cheryl