stupid mistake

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rjmorris, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    :embarassed::embarassed:first of all i do know better, i guess i was just lazy. anyhoo been fishing the saulda here in piedmont for the past couple of weeks and havent had any luck in two weeks i have caught two fish both under a pound. for some reason i decide this morning i would try my luck in the rain. i get to the spot and i start unloading my stuff and i noticed i forgot my net. was kinda mad at myself for forgetting it but instead of going 5 minutes back to the house to get my net i decided to fish without it, since i havent caught anything lately anyhow. sure enough withing 10 minutes i catch a little 2pounder not so bad i didnt need the net for him anyhow. lol then my other rod goes off i was excited when i heard my drag run alittle, i get it close to shore and it looks to be around 10 to 12 pounds then i remember'd i forgotten my net. after a bunch of cuss words i wont repeat on here i thought maybe i could hold tension on the line and reach down and pick the fish up. the bank were im fishing is about 3 or 4 feet above the water. well as soon as i put some tension on the line and tried to grab the fish he broke free. so the moral of the story is never never forget your net. that's my story thought id share it with everyone, the real bummer is my biggest cat is an 8lber i caught few weeks back, so this fish would have been a new best for me.:embarassed:

2. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Rich, that sucks, but I bet that you wont ever forget to bring the net again.

3. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know about leaving the net at the house,have done that myself or the stringer...lol...I hope you don't forget that either, buckets don't work very good with a mess of fishes. Anyway I just stopped by to say good luck on all your fishin' days,Teri

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    dont feel bad everybody has done something like that a time or 2, Hope they start biting again for you.But you know as fate would have it they usually bite best when your not ready