stupid fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ravenloft420, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    lol I found my albino tiger oscar dead on the floor last night. I guess he jumped throught the thin slit in the back of the lid where the heater goes.

kinda makes me mad because it was just starting to grow a little.

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Gee whats the chance of that happening.... Sorry man. They are pretty neat fish to have but I'm not sure if Ive seen a white one. I enjoyed keeping fish as a kid but thats was a long time ago. Now I have kids so maybe I should.

I want some jelly fish and a black light over head......It looks bad @$$

-Jim-

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    that has happened to me more than one time,
    sorry bro.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    :confident:That happen to me I'm glad it was one of those little walmart fish. I would think they are all related to that carb on the river here...

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I had some goldfish awhile back and this one kept jumping out all the time finally I took it fishing with me.Never caught a thing with it but it was still kicking took it home put it back in and never had a problem with it.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    got to have water !!!!!!!!!!!

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That'll teach him NOT to jump out of that tank again! Bad Fishy!:smile2:

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    We used to have a couple of crawdads in the aquarium and they would climb up the aerator tube and escape. One finally died when he did that when we were out of town for the weekend. Kind of wierd, though, getting up early in the morning and seeing an escaped crawdad trundling around the kitchen or living room....

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    my oscar's use to jump out all the time. Its nothing to walk in the room and find one flopping around on the floor. I had to put a brick on top of the tank to hold them in. You said it right their just stupid, they still jump up and bang their heads on the lid. they getting pretty big now so it slowed down alot

10. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yeah my brother had one when he lived with me years ago. It was really big and I remember coming home and finding it laying behind the tank on the floor. Didn't look to be alive anymore, but I threw it in the tank and it actually started swimming again guess we found it just in time. I used to love dropping a dozen or more minnows in there and watching that thing swim around and catch over half of them all in his mouth. It would have little tails sticking out of its mouth.....cool fish!

11. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    oh man the bad part is I just remember, a few hours before I found it, telling the ol' lady I thought I heard a mouse or something behind the fish tank.:embarassed:

I guess now I know what it was

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    A buddy of mine had an oscar die the same way. They seem to not like their tanks very much.

13. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Sorry about your fish bro.

14. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Oscars arent to bright .Ive raised 5 over the last 25 yrs one was an albino .... three tiger ...and one red
    4 out of the five jumped out of tank. I had better luck with african cichlids.
    They are very disease resistant. But not nearly as big as oscars.

15. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    we got some convict cichlids and the reproduced so fast that we had to give them away and i had a tiger oscar for 4 yrs big ol fish came home from hunting one day and saw my cat eating it on the floor

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    you just reminded me to feed my roomates beta while hes on vacation. its a wonder it wasnt belly up!:eek:oooh:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That silly fish should have known what can happen without water, must have thought he had grown wings or legs.

18. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    good you found him before too long

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    sucks to hear about your fish. I would hate to put that much money and time into something to have to use it as bait.