Stumpy pond?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by daredevle, Jul 30, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i heard of a place called stumpy pond my uncle told me its a good place for fishing he never told me how to get there he olny told me thats its close to the dam can some tell me how to get there from rock hill

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to the BOC, Chris. Don't know if it's enough to help you, but per the SCDNR website:
    Stumpy Pond
    South of Lancaster, at the end of County Road 405, off County Road 20, below SC Highway 97.
    Description:
    This site consists of a one lane boat ramp, and limited parking.

3. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Oh, I meant to add these approximate gps coordinates: N34 33.056 W80 52.209. It's on the western shore, about opposite the southern tip of Pickett Island. Good luck with the fishing!

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    stumpy pond is more known for crappie and bass fishing,i;m sure there are a few big cats in there,just not many people fish for them,it is one heck of a good crappie spot,you can access it 2 ways,on the great falls side you go down hwy 200,debutary creeek landing is on the left coming from great falls,when you turn off of 200 you will go down that rd a few miles,there will be a sign on the left to enter the ramp area.If you wanna access other side of lake,go down 200 across the nitrolee dam bridge,take first rd to right,that will be hwy 97,go down 97 about 7 or 8 miles,you will see a store call cedar creek tackle,turn right just before you get to it,go down that rd a couple of miles,you will see a sign for cedar creek access on left,go on past it,you will see a sign for stumpy pond access on the right,turn and go down to landing,the landing on 97 side is real steep and not a whole lot of parking or lights,debutary creek is a much better ramp,there have been some trouble at both landings with vandilism and break ins as both are in pretty remote areas,personally i have never had any trouble,but it could always be around the corner,i have friends who had trouble,with gas being stole and such,also heard that a guy had all 6 tires on his dually slashed,hope this helps

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, Marty. Good post. I also just reread my post and realized that I put the landing on the wrong side of the lake. :embarassed: Shoulda been East instead of West. OOPS! Another senior moment.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    yea,i also should have said that the debutary creek landing is off of 200 west of great falls headed towards I77,the 97 ramp is east of great falls,i have never really fished for cats there,never caught any blues,mostly just channels and they were caught crappie fishing,as far as the crappie goes,i would put that small resivoir up against any in the state for numbers per acre if thats how you measure,i know they are some big ones pulled outta there too,its really nice little lake,but it can get crowded when the bite is on

7. hammercat

hammercat New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea and the road you turn left on off of 200 is pearidge road. landing is down there on the left