Stuffed nightcrawlers?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by lil kat, Aug 10, 2006.

1. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have seen on here that some people are talking about stuffed night crawlers.....I was wondering how to do this it sounds like something i would like to try thanks and good fishing

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It is a bait I was experimenting with. I took some chicken livers and left over shad and minnows and ground them up in the meat grinder. Then used night crawlers as a casing to stuff the grounditems into. The problems I ran into were the crawlers died of course but even keeping them cool they still got mushy. So I tried sausage caseing with much better results but instead of catching catfish I caught a lot of crappie and a couple of catfish. Good luck if you try this it was fun and a good learning experiment for me.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Mmmmm,
    Sounds pretty tasty to me! Maybe I'll try a nice cheese and spinach stuffing...W

4. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    kinda like stuffed flounder but more wiggly:lol:

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i think the worms floandered sp lol

6. musky76

musky76 New Member

State:
    il
    sounds like a god bait then catch crappie use crappie for bait

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I've been thinking about trying some commercial scent injected into the worm this spring.
    Will

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Will, I have had good catches of trout using that method I injected with procure garlic scent. It makes the bait suspend off the bottom.

Jaime