Stuck in walmart for hours.....with giftcards

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bradley_G, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    okay, so heres the story. Was getting tires put on my 15 passenger van at wal mart today so I was stuck there for almost 2 hours. It also just so happened that I had $200 in walmart gift cards that was given to me for christmas, so I was really in trouble. I decided that I would not spend it all so that I could buy my TN fishing license next year for fishing with Bumper, (and also puddle or stumpjumper if they need a tag-aglong...hint hint...) I picked up a net, 5' cast net, tackle bag/cooler, some hooks, a berkely spinning combo and misc supplies.

Then on the 20th lap around the fishing department I decided that I would conduct a test to find out how much better the Ambassaduer reels are than the "competition" so I bought a Shakespeare version of the 6000 series. I have it loaded on a Mudville Rod I bought from Dicks sporting goods for $20 and I have a $56 catfish rod. I plan to return the reel if it proves to be terrible, but if its sufficient and cost effective I'll take two medium quality reels to one great one for now.

Not exactly sure why I posted all of this, I guess I'm just getting excited to try a new spot tomorrow and that I bought some gear.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I have had 2 of those Shakespeare baitcasters, i bought them to use in a smaller river that is close to me...One lasted one night, and I took it back, and the other i have had for 2 or 3 yrs...

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I have been there on the Walmart tire thing before :smile2: Sure do get to know the store well.

You are welcome to come fishin' with me anytime.

4. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Yeah I actually have three within about 10 miles of my house, and I know what they all carry, and it seems like its been a long time since they have had anything new. I'll hit you up after I get my TN license next year and hope to get out with ya some....cant afford to buy 3 day'ers when feb. is so close....

5. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Funny, I worked at Wallyworld for 7 years, spent two of them running a store at night. If I had to stock a department, I always did sporting goods, it was fun to put up stuff that I liked to buy!

As for comparison, my reels are mostly abu's. I have one shakespeare spinning reel that I use for jigging, its ok. My next purchase will be a few abu 6500's. For rods, you can't beat the shakespeare ugly stick though, great rod for not much cash!

6. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Well I will be returning almost everything I bought at wal-mart tonight except the cast net, as I went to bass pro shops yesterday and bought everything cheaper and/or better. traded the 1 bearing shakespeare baitcast reel in for the bass pro 2 bearing version in hidious gold color. I will be picking up one of the berkely big game trigger rods they have for $20.

7. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    CHECK OUT THE DISCOUNT/RECONDITION AREA FOR THE ROD