stuck in St Louis and forgot my poles.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by DoubleD, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

State:
    MO
    Came to St Louis with my wife for a meeting she has tomorrow. We walked across the street from the hotel to the Union Station and I found a great place to pick up some bait. Found out the Union Station has a cement pond next to Landry’s Seafood that is loaded with jumbo goldfish:roll_eyes::wink:.

Told my wife, wished I had brought my poles and a bucket for the bait. Then I could have fished the big river, while my wife attends her meeting, instead I’ll probably make like a gandy and roam the streets:sad2:. lol

But seriously, I'm bringin my poles next time.

2. Snagmanmikejordan#

Snagmanmikejordan# New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats no good when ever on a trip bring a fishing pole. Use the boy scout motto. always be prepared. have a good one, i would say go catch a cardinals game but there on the west coast.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    they have 19 dollar heavy/med spinning combos at wal mart. already spooled. they arent great but its a pole.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    man,, If i had some notice i couldve got u on the water..
    I hooked some nice ones right under the arch.. not to far from where u at.. next time you coming give me a shout a day r so in advance

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    the one in my picture was caught two miles north of the arch

6. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the tip Brandon. Next time I’ll be better prepared.

Thanks Willie, the next time I get out that direction I’ll give ya a holler a few days ahead of time.