Stubenville boat ramp? Old lock #10

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Netmanjack, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What can you guys tell me about this place? I google mapped it, but I cant see any access road. Has anyone fished it from shore? Is the place open or closed to fishing? I like fishing old locks and have fished #9 up river from there. I would like another bank spot to check out this year.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, there is access from route 7 right inside the city limits. Look for a long pink building, there will be a gravel road you can turn off on cross the RR tracks then that road turns north to the ramp. North of the ramp there is at least a couple 100 yards you can park and fish from the wall right by your car,(no walking), lol. Ive caught a few 8-15 lb flatties out of there.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Wolfman

Any structure there like Ol #9 plz????

:roll_eyes:

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    long pink house?..... Is that DH's house? LOL!!!!!!!

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    DH's old house, he moved remember. lol

6. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Theres not as much structure that I know of, lots of pleasure boat traffic in the summer to deal with. The far north end of the wall is the best in my opinion. This place gets a lot of fishing pressure due to the easy access.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good spot to hit mid week during pre spawn. Thanks for the help Walt. I have a good friend that thinks he is too old to haul in. lol this is a perfect place. Like you said north end.

8. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Another spot you might take in consideration for easy access is Rayland marina, south of Steubenville on Rt 7. It will cost $2.oo for parking but you can fish all night and park on the grass right next to the river. The only thing about this place is that there is little to no structure and is shallow water. We have pulled in a few flatties and channels there. Best time to fish this spot would be mid May to early June in my opinion.

My brother-in-law, Troy (Catfishin72), has fished all these spots also including the one at Tiltonsville behind the ball field. You might want to hook up with him and go fishing

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats just what I have in mind Walt, I thought that Troy might have joined in on this thread by now.lol