STTTRIKE ONE! LOL!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Several of you are aware of my new boat quest. Well strike one on the one I was lookin for. $27,000. Little too rich for my blood. LOL! So much for that idea. LOL! Looks like a project boat is in the future. LOL!

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    It's only money BG!:smile2: What else you going to do with it?

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Were not Bill Dance or Roland Martin BG!:smile2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    BG its ok for one sock to weigh a little less than the other. Go for it.:wink:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Big G dont worry bout one strike ya got a couple more in ya & yee best take em and get ya somethin ya want ...ya keep shopping she will come ..".Paitence gwassopper!"

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya can't take it with you:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:. I feel your pain, been truck shopping and the salesman quoted me a $45,000 price, not even top of the line, and if I wanted options (tires, wheels, headlights, and transfer case) the price went up. Keep shopping and you'll find the ONE that says Big George. Stay safe and get ready to dig deep!!!:wink:

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Be brave now George!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::cool2: Get that boat of your dreams!! We only live once......:wink:

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Knowing you as I do, I went to practially NO expence to help in finding you a boat. The sooner we can get you back on the water - the safer our streets will be.

The first one SCREAMS BIG GEORGE.

The second one just screams.

Glad I could help.

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    im lovin the raft/apartment

10. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Hell I will take the one with all the motors git me some payback from the jet skis at the lake:big_smile:

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i believe jet ski hating could be a whole nuther book in its self

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now, wait a second. You folks could be onto something. A boat, of sorts, for BG that he could afford. Do they make rod holders just for jet ski's?:wink:

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Dont sweat it! This aint baseball we're talking about. Think I've read somewhere there is 12 strikes allowed in boat shopping. LOL

14. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    I feel your pain Big George. I priced a 2010 18 footer the other day that I really liked the floor plan on. Before you got any bells and whistles, it was $32,000. talk about sticker shock! I decided maybe a used boat was the way to go right then and there.

15. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    George, the way the economy is, picking up a almost new boat that somebody is forced to give up isn't out of the question. There have been a lot of boats on this site, this year alone, that would make a heck of a good deal. With your dealing skills, which come naturally from people who reside in Joisey, you could easily get one for a heck of a deal.

.... $27,000 for the boat you posted pictures of? Chit, I didn't even come close to that for my SeaArk.... and I don't have to worry about hitting the lower unit.

16. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Seriously, put your name, email and phone number on the manufacture website, I did and saved $5000.00 on the new lowe boat I bought a year ago. Some dealer had it on the floor too long and sold it to me just over cost. Only catch was I had to drive 150 miles one way to pick it up.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    BG down here in NC we have a program called "Send your boat to college" where you can donate your boat and get a tax refund for the value.They then sell these boats and the money goes into a scholarship fund or some such.You can get real bargains on boats/trailers.MOST of the time folks give up a boat because the engine goes bad.One way to do the boat thing is spring for a new engine and repower a perfectly good and sound boat.Dont know if Joisy has a program like that but you might check.:big_smile:

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've never seen a hearse with a luggage rack on it. Go for it!!