Sts-116

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mark J, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Did anyone watch the 116th shuttle mission launch tonight?

I've been waiting for it and watched it get cancelled Thursday night.
    I watched the lift off and waited several minutes and went outside to salute the astronauts as they streaked across the sky. Our weather held here in NC so I was able for the first time to see the shuttle from here.
    Although I couldn't see flames or the shuttle craft, what I did see was a bright white light moving at a fast clip from the southern sky on a northeast track. Impressive!
    If you've ever seen a satellite move across the night sky this is what it looked like from my vantage point only it was alot closer. She was trucking.:cool2:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've seen the sight your talking about. Very early one morning from the south west going east, coming home, came right over my house area, . Yes it was moving fast.
    It was very :cool2:

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I used to live in Tampa and made the trip 5 times,only got to see them light the fuse twice.Even from 5 miles away,it was a sight to see.Words can't describe the noise,smoke,and roaring sounds that went thru your body.
    At 1 launch there was an estimated 500,000 people lining the roadsides 5 deep.Quite a Mardi Gras atmosphere-waiting up too 20 hours for a 2 minute event....there might of even been some drinking going on:lol:

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Yeh I watched them lift off it was to cool:cool2: . When ever I see one go I think of that line from misson control. "God speed John Glen". I would love to see one in person that has to be awsum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill

5. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Watched it from my backyard here in Leesburg, love to see the color changes of the different propelants and when the solid boosters drop off. Do want to go see a night launch and hear the noise.--shu

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i didnt see it but i sure wish i couldve..