Struttin' Tom

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by rebelzgrl76, Feb 11, 2007.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    While out riding around my husband I came across several turkeys out in a field. We pulled over at the entranced and took several pictures. He continued to strut and off in a revean(sp?) we could hear some huns clucking and another tom gobblin'. They stayed right in front of us for a while, it was good to see. My baby girl called them 'chickens' at first. :big_smile:

Anyway, heres some pictures of a Tom showing off and doing what he does best.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    cool pics Amy keep em coming

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    And here I thought you posted a joke called, the "struttin' tom"...lol Guess I should've looked at the topic it was posted under.:tounge_out: Anyway, nice pics of the birds. We have a ton of 'em in southeast Kansas aswell. And it sounds like you're little one got pretty excited seeing them, for I assume was her first time. Thanks for sharin', Amy.

-Red

4. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    nice pics thnx for sharing

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good lookin pics, that boy still has some growin to do he is still a jake, you a can tell by the longer tail feathers in the middle and the lack of or a really short beard.

Aaron

TA2D

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Great photos! Those don't look like Easterns. My season here in Michigan starts the 23rd of April, and I can't wait.
    Sparky

7. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Great pictures Amy.

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Nice chickens seems ok to me.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    that struttin turkey out there was just a jake, you can tell because his fan isnt equal, the middle sticks out farther. good pics though

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats great amy rub it in turkey season is almost here and your teasing me early

11. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Those are some cool pics. What part of Co. are you from? My mom and dad live in Cripple Creek and I have always wanted to make a turkey hunting trip out there, but I wasnt sure of what the birds where like.(my dad doesnt hunt turkeys so I cant ask him):0a22:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Great pics. thanks Amy!!

13. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice Birds, They are starting to flock up here in Indiana. Been seeing flocks of around 30 to 50 birds at a time here and there. Closer to our spring season I'll see a huge flock of well over 100 birds near where I hunt. I'll try to get some pics this spring and post them.:cool2:

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Im in western Colorado. I have been informed several times over that they arent Toms just Jakes, wish I had a dime for everytime someone gave me a lesson on turkey anotomy lol thats alright though, I dont mind. Glad you all like the pictures. I enjoyed taken them.