Struggles on Lake Marion. Any advice?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PDCatman, Mar 13, 2007.

1. PDCatman

PDCatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good evening to all. I fished lake Marion out of Randolphs Saturday and didn't have any luck. I fished in water depths ranging from 12ft to 35ft with no success. I was using fresh cut shad as bait. I marked some really good fish in the 25-30ft range however could not get any takers. Any advice on how to improve my next outing will be greatly appreciated,many thanks.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Don't know where you fished on the lake so its hard to comment.If you can afford it a guide is the best investment you can make for fishing Santee.You will learn a lot and you can ask 50 million questions.Randolphs used to sell the videos by Don Drose, perhaps the premier fishing guide on the lakes and they were terrific.Covered every seasonal pattern.:big_smile:

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC and thanks for the report.

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    If i was down there right now i would be fishing in 3 to 6 feet of water around cypress stumps. This warm spell should have them up in the shallows preparing to spawn.

5. sailfish218

sailfish218 New Member

State:
    SC
    PDCATMAN,
    For what it's worth, I fished last Saturday less than a mile from Randolphs and we caught one 32lb just after dark in 6' of water using cut bait. Spent most of Sunday searching with no luck. We also marked fish in deeper water but nothing biting. Good luck

6. extremecatfishing

extremecatfishing New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    two feet of water at night. throw some cut herring into the willow bushes. make sure you carry along a big cooler.